Yeah...so Kaitlyn USED to LOVE bath time...not so much lately! The last 2 baths I've given her she has FREAKED out like she's scared to death of the water or something! It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen! The only thing I can think of is that I've started using the guest bathroom instead of our bathroom to give her her baths and the water flow seems to come out a bit faster...so maybe she's afraid of the water coming out faster/louder or something?? All I know is that she tried like mad to get out of that tub as soon as I put her in it! I have still been using her little bath tub seat thing, so maybe I'll try to do with out that and add tons-o-toys for her to play with in there...we'll try that tomorrow night and see how it goes! All I know is that bath time is part of our bed time routine and if she keeps getting all wound up about bath time she's not going to go to sleep very quickly! It's always something, isn't it?!
Let's see...what else...I've been trying to let her use the spoon more often again...we kind of got away from it for a while so I thought we better give it a go again! Last night she ate about 1/2 of her sweet potatoes on her own with the spoon! She's usually only good for a few minutes of feeding herself with the spoon and then she launches it onto the floor or Mommy or she lets the dog lick it (ick!) or she just digs in with her hands! I still just couldn't imagine her using a spoon in public or anything though...it's SOOOO messy! And I'm trying to get her to eat off a plate (instead of her tray) sometimes too...it's fine at home, but it'd be nice if she could use a plate when we're out in public! The problem is those are usually turned upside down or launched like frisbee's from her high chair! She's also been pretty into the dogs lately too...chasing them around the house, petting them (which has gotten much more gentle...she's not whacking them like she used to!), giving them hugs/kisses...this morning she kept trying to catch Autumn's tail as it was wagging...very funny!
Not much planned for our weekend other than the usual. Monday we have Kaitlyn's 15 month check up so I'm anxious to see how big she is! I'm going to guess...22ish pounds and 32ish inches. Most of her 18 month clothes are fitting about perfectly now...maybe a tad big, but not really. Well, I guess that's all for today's update! Happy Weekend! :o)
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment