Hooray for internet time again! Hopefully I won't be MIA much anymore! We moved my work computer into the same office as the home computer again, so now I can play online all day again! YAY! I have missed "fun" computer time so much! Ha ha! :o)
So, it's been almost a week since last time...I'll try to recap quickly. Sunday Gavin and Amanda came over to play while my Mom was still in town. That was very fun...I think she loved it! And there are pics of that on Shutterfly too, if you haven't seen them already! It was kind of funny because they are both so fast and all over the place now and it's nearly impossible to get them in the same picture, let alone both looking at the camera and smiling...it was so much easier when they were just 6 months old sitting still! But they have a fun time together.
Monday was the usual errand-running on my day off. We also put an ad on Craigslist for the cats and someone responded right away...for those of you who don't know, we've been going back and forth about getting rid of the animals...we hate to do it, but we're not giving the pets the time that we should be to exercise them, play with them, etc...so we decided to find good homes for them. We're giving them away for free, but the stipulation is that the cats go at a matching set and so do the dogs...we couldn't tear them apart from each other. So, a family picked up the cats on Monday night...I had to leave the house because I didn't want to be here to see them go...afterall, Pumpkin is my favorite! I know, I shouldn't have a favorite, but I do! I said my "goodbye's" and cried a little bit and took a few last pictures of him...and we dug Nemo out of the basement (his hide-a-way) and got a few pics of him too. So, that was sad, but we still feel like we did the right thing. Now we're still searching for a home for the dogs...anyone want two 100+ pound labs??? :o) They are such good dogs, but we're just not giving them the attention they deserve anymore...something about a baby now running the show around here! So, Wayne and I have been busy doing some early spring cleaning, trying to get rid of all the pet hair, so that's been keeping us busy this week.
Kaitlyn has been a little busy-body lately...really just getting into things more and exploring everything...we discovered that she can open the oven door now (she didn't do it all the way, but an inch or two) and un-latch the dishwasher door too! Don't worry...neither was on or running when she did this...so time to step up the baby-proofing again! Geeez! She has been trying to "walk" up/down the stairs some more...holding our hands, of course...but sometimes she'll get gusty and think she can do it on her own...she'll go right to the edge of the step and look down and we tell her "go on your belly" and she'll get right on her belly to go down...phew! I just hope she doesn't get too gutsy and try walking down on her own! Yesterday we were eating dinner and the dogs were begging (of course) by Kaitlyn and Wayne told the dogs to "Get!" and so Kaitlyn goes "Get!" and then laughs hysterically! Ha ha! She's also been acting silly lately by walking around with her hands over her eyes...a lot...so much that she'll run right into the wall or something! We say "peek-a-boo!" and she takes her hands away and then puts them back...like she's just waiting for us to play the game with her! Well, that's the catch up for today I think...hopefully I'll be able to blog a bit more now again! YAY!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment