Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Florida...here we come!!

Yup, we're going to Florida for the weekend! We must be NUTS! Wayne's doing a job down there for one of the investors he works for and I was super bummed that I couldn't get a week off work to go with him...so we splurged and bought me a plane ticket so Kaitlyn & I can join him for a long weekend! So after work Friday I'm rushing to Detroit (With Kaitlyn + luggage...not sure yet how the logistics of that is going to work!) to fly to Orlando, FL!!!! We have FREE tickets to Disney World on Saturday (One of the guys going down there to work with Wayne had free tickets his family didn't use, so we're stealing them!) and then we'll go up to Ft. Myer's for Sunday and Monday (That's where the condo is where we're staying.)!! Yes, it's going to be awesome and crazy! I'm fine flying, I'm just worried about getting to the plane on time with out getting lost in the airport by myself...and, of course, keeping Kaitlyn entertained for the two + hour flight will be interesting too! Hopefully, all will go smooth...I wouldn't be nearly as worried about it, except that Kaitlyn has her first real cold right now! A slight fever, a super snotty nose, a little congestion/raspy-ness, etc. So she's been pretty clingy and fussy the last couple days and today Aunt Ruth said she spent most of the day cuddling with her on the sofa and looking at books instead of roaming about the house like usual. So, hopefully my baby will feel better soon! Thank goodness it's not anything really icky like puke...knock on wood!

Let's see...Monday I took her to get blood work for her lead test (as requested by the ped.), which was interesting...it was JUST a finger prick and she did fine with that, she didn't even cry...well, then the lady had to collect 2...TWO...small viles of her blood so she squeezed the ba-jeez-us out of her poor little hand and Kaitlyn was not thrilled about that at all! So I was trying to hold Kaitlyn on my lap and hold her arm and the nurse was holding her hand and fingers! Oh, and the day before she got her little fingers closed in the patio door! So she's had a rough few days! :o(

Not much new with Kaitlyn right now...I think we've been too busy to notice or maybe too busy for her to learn any new tricks! Ha! I think she may be trying to say "dat?" though...as in "what's that?"...not sure yet, because I only heard her say it a couple times...so we'll see. Well, better get moving...I have a lot to do all the sudden...packing, laundry, etc...I'm so excited to see Kaitlyn walking on the beach in her little bathing suit! He he! Stay tuned for WARM pictures!

No comments: