Kaitlyn has been acting pretty silly lately! The last few days she's been walking around the house with her eyes closed tight, which makes a pretty silly looking face because she scrunches her nose all up too...but she'll walk around like that...with her eyes shut! I have no idea what could be fascinating about walking around with your eyes shut...but apparently, it's pretty neat to her! She's also been making a few new animal sounds..."ah ah ah" for monkey and she says "duck duck" for the duck itself (obviously) and the noise it makes...not quack quack..."duck duck"...interesting! She's tries to repeat Grandma, but it comes out more like "ma-maw"...but I don't think the Grandma's will mind that at all! :o) She also learned where her teeth and tongue are recently too...we have a lift the flap body parts book and as we read it she points all of her 'parts' out...I think the only one left to learn in her book is her elbow and her back...good luck teaching her to point to her back! Ha! She's just been acting like such a little goofball lately...this girl may have a career in comedy some day!
In other news...I jumped into something new today...the world of cloth diapers! No no no...not the old fashioned kind that you have to fold and pin and such...now they make all in one diapers that are just like disposables, except they're washable/re-useable! They are somewhat pricey to buy at first, but we'll definitely make our money back on them in time. Now I'm just trying to figure out the details of it all...certain laundry soaps, specific laundry instructions, where to store the dirty ones, etc...so much to learn about poo and getting rid of it! But I think it'll be fine once we get started! My work also offered us over time this week (for the first time in like a year!) so I figured that was a sure-sign that I could go ahead and purchase a few cloth diapers to get us started! He he!
I think that's about all that's new with us! I realized I haven't put any pics in the blog in a while...so here are a couple from our play date with my friend Amy (from work) and her son Joe...he's about 20 months I believe...but is tall like a 3 year old! Aren't they cute?!


No comments:
Post a Comment