Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Little Shopping Buddy!

After church today Kaitlyn and I went shopping with a couple of my girlfriends. It was supposed to be a quick hour-ish long trip...it was getting close to naptime, so I didn't expect the trip to go very well. Boy, was I surprised! Kaitlyn fell asleep in her stroller for an hour and a half! Woo! Then she woke up and was a happy shopper for another couple of hours! WOW! She seems to have the 'shopping gene' that runs on my side of the family! Now I can call her my shopping buddy like my own mom calls me! :o) Anyways, the point of our shopping trip was to get some nice, dressier shirts that I can wear when I get my realtor license in October...and I'm proud to report that the trip was successful! This was the first time in a long time I've bought myself some new clothes instead of clothes for Kaitlyn!

Yesterday we had a cookout/football party/poker party at our house. It was a fun time and we had some yummy food! The football game didn't go as planned...urgh...but we still had a good time. Wayne and I won at poker and we split the pot...hence today's shopping trip!

This coming weekend we're going to Cedar Point! And this year Kaitlyn will be able to ride the 'eh eh cars' and lots of other rides!! Wayne and I are super excited to take her this year...I'm sure this will be a yearly tradition!

In Kaitlyn news...communication is getting a tad easier...or at least more often. We had a major breakthrough this week...instead of the usual "whine", Kaitlyn has learned to say "up peeez" when she wants picked up...I'm very proud that she says "peeez" without prompting, usually! She's also expressing her opinions more...this is good and bad...first the good...today toward the end of our shopping trip, she kept saying "home home" because she wanted to go home! The bad, however, is that once she expresses her opinion, she wants her way now! But she's pretty good most of the time. Oh, this is cute...she's very into helping Mommy around the house lately...she has this mini cleaning set (broom, dust pan, dust rags, etc) and she loves to go around 'dusting' everything...tables, chairs, tv, couches, etc...I say, whatever cleaning she wants to do is fine with me...it can't hurt around here! Ha! Ok...that's my catch up for now!

No comments: