Thursday, September 24, 2009

Preparing for POTTY DAY!!

Ok folks, here we go!! POTTY DAY is almost here...this Sunday marks our first day of official potty training! Kaitlyn has been using the potty 3+ times a day for the last month or so now, so we've decided to take the 'plunge' and say bye bye to diapers and hello to undies!! We don't really have anywhere to go this week nor do we have any long road trips coming up soon...and I think she is ready for it...Mommy, on the otherhand...we'll have to see! I'm excited for her, but also super anxious about all the possible accidents I may be cleaning up, especially the ones that happen on our new carpet! YIKES! Anyways, when she sits on the potty, she's almost always successful...she will sit there and sit there until she goes! If she's taking a while I'll tell her "Maybe you don't have to go now, that's ok, we'll try again later" and she whines at the idea and keeps sitting there until she produces a pee or poo! So she WANTS to do it in the potty! She's also disliking dirty diapers more now...sometimes she'll go lay down to be changed after pooing and if I don't change her fast enough she'll whine at me and say "change!!"...to which I say "Yes Ma'am"!! So, wish us luck, pray for us, cross your fingers, etc. for Potty Day on Sunday!!

In preparation for Potty Day, I bought another package of undies, a package of training pants (maybe we'll use 'em, maybe we won't) and a package of Pull Ups (only to be used over night and during naps at first)...I have also dug out lots of waterproof pads to keep on the couch, etc...and still need to get out some blankets to throw over the carpet to help with accidents! Oh, and we now have a new carpet cleaner, thanks to Kaitlyn puking on our new carpet the other night! So...I think we're ready as we're going to be!

In other news...there really isn't any! Ha! It's kind of going to be "all potty, all the time" for a while I imagine. We are excited about the Rouche de Bouef Festival in Waterville this Saturday...I'm sure Kaitlyn will love the parade and all the other fun stuff...and we like the food! Ok...I'll keep you all posted on our potty progress...I'm sure you're all dying to know how it goes! Ha ha!

No comments: