Well, today was Kaitlyn's 15 month check up and she is perfect in every way! But we knew that already! :o) She now weighs 22 lbs 1 oz and is 31 inches long...50% for weight and 75% for height and 25% for head...all same as usual! The pediatrician said she looked great and she was very impressed by her vocab! The only bad part about the visit were the 3 pokes at the end...darn those ouchy shots! So, now we're just hanging out at home getting some cleaning and such taken care of. How exciting!
Saturday I took Kaitlyn to Target with me, which was quite an exciting trip! I haven't taken her with me to a store like that in a couple weeks and boy has she changed a lot in that time! We were walking in the parking lot up to the store and she keeps going "oooom oooom" as in "vroom" for the car sound because of all the cars parked around! Then she's riding in the cart in the store and she kept pointing and saying "ball" because of all the big, red balls around at Target (you know, the logo and other stuff decor). She also kept saying "duk duk" as in "duck"...that threw me for a loop at first because I didn't see anything resembling a duck anywhere...but we kept running into this little baby (maybe 1 year old) walking around holding her mom's hand and she had on sqeeky 'learn to walk' shoes...aah ha! Kaitlyn kept hearing the sqeeks from her shoes, which sounds exactly like her duck at home...so "duk duk"! My kid is a genius! Ha ha...aren't all mom's supposed to think that?! :o) So I was ultra impressed with my kiddo that day!
Last night I tried the "ton-o-toys-in-the-tub-trick" and she didn't fall for it...well, the toys helped distract her from whatever she's afraid of, but she still cried some at bath time! So, who knows! I'll keep giving her a bunch of distractions and hopefully she'll get over whatever her fear of baths is now! I also tried some of the cloth diapers this weekend...I'm not yet sure why, but Kaitlyn seems to leak out the sides of them, more so than disposables...hopefully, this is something that I can fix...otherwise, cloth diapering will not be so appealing if she's having leaks all the time! So, I'll play around and see if I can figure out what's going on with that. But laundering them, putting them on her, etc. is fine...not hard at all. So, that's the update. I need to get some pics up of her...I don't have any in her 15 month folder yet!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment