Monday, July 27, 2009

Kaitlyn Pee'd on the Potty!!!!!

You read it right! Friday morning I took Kaitlyn to the zoo with some other mom friends...I changed her diaper at 10:15am before we left...when we got home at 2pm I went to change that diaper but it was dry as a bone!! Nearly 4 hours that girl held it! So I thought 'what the heck, let's sit her on the potty and see what happens!' So we read a couple pages in her book and sure enough, I hear "ppsssss" and then Kaitlyn says "peepee"!! Holy crap, I clapped and 'yayed' like crazy...so much that I think I scared her a little! Oopsy! So that was very exciting!! But now I have no idea what to do! I hadn't planned on really potty training her for at least a few more months, closer to her 2nd birthday...but if she's ready to go now, I guess I better go for it when she's ready! So...how do you potty train a 20 month old?? Anyone have any potty training advice?? Please?! Here is our big girl on her potty! Obviously, this isn't THE actual potty...we took her clothes off for that...this is the post-potty picture when Mommy was super excited!

So our trip to the zoo was very fun! We finally got to see the new 'kids' area, which was awesome! Kaitlyn's favorite part was petting all the goats...she even kept trying to sit on and lay on them like she does to the dogs at home! Those poor goats...they were very patient with all the kids...but finally enough was enough and the one scurried off right after Kaitlyn kept trying to sit on him! Ha ha! Here is Kaitlyn sitting on a goat at the zoo! That poor goat!

We went to visit Grandma Maloch this weekend. Kaitlyn did great in the car...she slept the whole way there and most of the way back...phew! We got to do lots of shopping (Kaitlyn is going to be one fashionable girl!) and we had a nice visit with Great Grandpa too! Kaitlyn even cooperated and showed off all her new tricks like counting and talking a bunch...she even left alone most of the breakables in the not-so-child-proofed homes! :o) We also took Kaitlyn to the playground I used to play on down there when I was little...except it looks nothing like I remember it! But Kaitlyn had a blast on the swings and going down the slides. We even got to swim in Grandma's pool, which was really nice! It had a little waterfall thing that Kaitlyn loved! And she blew bubbles in the water! She has been putting her face in the water for a while now, but yesterday she mimicked me blowing bubbles! Hopefully this winter we can sign up for mommy/baby swim class! Kaitlyn also went on the potty again at Grandma Maloch's house too!! YAY Kaitlyn!! Here's Kaitlyn swinging next to Mommy at the park!


Well, I think that's the 'catch-up'...it's been pretty busy around here lately!

No comments: