What a fun 4th of July weekend! Thursday night we headed to Big Bay, Michigan to visit Grandpa Maloch and Grandma Marti. We HOPED that Kaitlyn would sleep the whole way (10-ish hours) just like she did last year...no such luck though! I think she's officially out of the "baby who can sleep anywhere" stage...she just couldn't get comfy in her car seat...I don't blame her though! Once we got there, we snoozed for a few hours and then just relaxed around the house. We took Kaitlyn down to Grandpa's beach and let her get filthy dirty in the sand...too cold to swim, so she was fully clothed...what a mess! Saturday the boys and I woke up early to go fishing while Grandma Marti watched Kaitlyn...we all had a great time! I caught 2 HUGE fish...and Wayne caught 2 too...but mine were bigger! ;o) He he! Saturday afternoon was the Big Bay parade...it was put on by all the kids who attend this handicap summer camp there...they all dress up with costumes/floats that they've made...it was pretty neat. Seeing all those kids certainly makes us appreciate how healthy and smart Kaitlyn is! The best part of the trip for Kaitlyn (I think) was this little black bear ottoman there...she loved climbing on it, giving it hugs and kisses...so cute! Sunday morning we went to church...Grandpa and Grandma had to show off the grandbaby to all the little old ladies at their church! Ha ha! After church we saw a black bear outside of my Dad's house!! How nuts is that?! It wasn't full grown...maybe a 'teenage' bear...but it was adorable!! Then we headed for home Sunday afternoon...Kaitlyn did better in the car in the day time than she did at night...weird! She entertained herself for a while with books and toys...then we played a SUPER LONG game of peek-a-boo in the car! Ha ha! I swear, that game never gets old with her...giggles and high pitched screams from that are much better than whiney cries though! We finally made it home around 3am and she practically said "Put me in MY OWN bed NOW Mommy!" and went right to sleep...phew!
In Kaitlyn news...she is learning to count!! Isn't that nuts?! We'll count to 10 and she'll say 4, 5, sometimes 8, sometimes 9, and 10!! He he, we had LOTS of time in the car to practice this weekend! She also impressed Grandpa and Grandma with her chattering. She told the neighbors barking dog "Hush doggie!" And this morning Autumn (our yellow lab) had a sock in her mouth and Kaitlyn tells her "No no sock!" and then "No doggie!"...Ha ha...I REALLY need to watch what I'm yelling at the dogs! Well, that's all for now...I'll get the pics on Shutterfly soon...here are a few!
Our Little Firecracker at the 4th of July Parade!
Grandma Marti, Grandpa Maloch and Kaitlyn!
Kaitlyn giving the little black bear hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment