Friday, July 31, 2009

Panty-Shirt??

Hi all! Just a quick catch up of some random things. No more news on the potty situation yet. I'm kind of stumped about what to do now...she's only pee'd on the potty those 2 times so far...I've been trying to sit her on it a couple times a day now. She's happy to sit on it and read and read and read book after book after book...but I guess I'm just putting her on at the wrong times and she doesn't have to go? Today she sat on the potty maybe 10 minutes, then I put her diaper on and not 3 minutes later she says "peepee" and grabs her diaper! DOH! So who knows...some days she pee's like 10 minutes after drinking a cupful, other days she's holding it a long while...it's all a guessing game apparently! Ha! I'm not really in a big hurry to enter the world of potty training (AKA accidents) but I thought if she was showing some signs of being ready we'd give it a whirl...so now I don't know if to just keep setting her on it every so often...or ignore the potty for a while and see if she asks for it...or what!

Other fun updates: Kaitlyn counts to 10 on her own now...she'll be playing on her own and I'll sometimes hear her counting...it's so funny! She still skips "7" so we're working on that! She's also learning her shapes and colors and tries to say most of them too! Oh and she's singing! She sings this "Best Friends" song (it's made up courtesy of our friend Kelly) and she tries to sing along with the ABC song too...love it! She's also VERY big into her "poop" which is her POOL...not sure why she calls it a poop, but anyways! She walks around the house asking for her "suit" (swim suit) and keeps pointing out the door to her pool. The girl is a fish! Oh and this morning she put a pair of my panties on (yes, they were clean!) over her head and put her arms in the holes too...apparently my panties are big enough to fit her like a shirt! Ha ha...it was super funny though! I'm thinking dress up clothes are in order for this little girl soon!

We're ready for another busy weekend! Tonight Grandpa & Grandma Maloch are coming into town, just to stay the night. Saturday I'm helping my friend Amanda (AKA Gavin's Mommy) paint their newly finished basement...and Kaitlyn's going to play with Gavin. Sunday is church as usual and who knows what else. I'm just happy the weather is supposed to be nice for a while now! YAY!

No comments: