Well, we're just about off for another road trip...this time we're driving north about 9 hours into the UP to visit my dad! WAHOO! We haven't seen Dad & Marti since November-ish, so I'm sure they're anxious to see Kaitlyn! I know she's changed so much since then! We're doing the drive at night time, like we did last year, because it works so well...Kaitlyn slept the WHOLE time so we didn't have to make any extra food/diaper change/exert energy stops! Hopefully this trip will go as planned too!
Kaitlyn has been chattering away still. She's really putting words together a lot more...now if Wayne & I are together (or in a picture) she calls us "Mommy Daddy"...if only we could teach her to say 'and'! She's really been talking to the dogs more too...telling them " now doggie!" because that's what I say when I call them to go outside! And if she's saying "bye bye" she usually adds Mommy, Daddy or Papa too...or if she see's herself in the mirror she waves and says "baby bye bye". Yesterday she learned to say her name...it's so cute...she says "Kait-tin"! She's also been really into blankets...which she calls "she shes"...yeah, I don't get it either...but that's what she calls them! But she is always snuggling on one, hiding under one, etc. She's really getting vocal when we drive too...like pointing out buses and trucks and 'oooms' (cars)...last night she kept saying "truck" over and over until we said "Yes, that's a truck"...she expects us to reply to her every word or she'll just keep saying it! It's cute...but a little repetative! We've kind of been working on learning colors...she likes to say "blue"...so everything is blue to her! But I think she's starting to get it. Oh and we'll count to 9 and Kaitlyn will say "ten!" She's just learning so much...I can't remember it all anymore! Big news in the teeth department too...we have all four molars now! So just 4 eye teeth left and we'll be done for a little while!
Ok, I think that's the report for now! Wish us luck on our road trip this weekend...stay tuned for tons of pictures from that, I'm sure! Happy 4th of July!!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment