Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lots of Fun...and Some NOT So Fun Too!

He he...talk about being on a roller coaster...that is the definition of a toddler! First, the not so fun...more screaming fits in the store...this time Target...with lots of people staring and laughing...oh the joy! After consulting with many of my "mom friends" I have decided that from now on I'm just going to bribe her with snacks in the shopping cart...because you can't scream when you have a mouthful, right...hopefully this will make for a more successful (AKA: QUIET) shopping trip. She's also been a little monster with the temper tantrums lately...this kid can go from 'happy' to 'monster' in like 0.2 seconds! And she's not even two yet...somebody pul-eeeez tell me the terrible two's start at 18 months and end at 2.5 years old!!!!
Now, for the fun stuff! Monday I met some of my 'mom friends' at the 577 Foundation in Perrysburg...what a NEATO place! It's kind of a cross between a park, a summer camp and the botanical gardens...it's really pretty with lots of flowers, but it's really geared for kids...different things to touch/feel, musical instraments to play with (drums, etc)...all in the wilderness! Kaitlyn had a wonderful time and so did I!

They had lots of different textures to play with...sand, water, woodchips...here she is making it rain rocks!

Checking out the pond...notice the 'hands-on-the-knees-stance'...cute huh?!


Reaching to feel the bears fur...

More fun stuff...we have a talker on our hands! Yeah yeah, I say that every time...sorry...but she is really combining two words all the time now...it seemed to happen like overnight, I swear! Tonight she said "Daddy hot" because he was by the grill (and we don't touch the grill b/c it's hot, ha ha), "bye bye daddy", "daddy's pop", "bye bye swings" (as we were leaving the park), "Bebbe's house" (our neighbor Betty), "Ketti's house" (Kelly)...and today she said her first 'real' three word combo: "Mommy...hel (read: help) me"!! It just gets more and more fun every day...well, unless she's having a 'monster-like day' that is!

No comments: