Our trip to Hocking Hills was wonderful! I'm happy to report that Kaitlyn did very well in the car on the way there and coming back home! She napped part of the way and entertained herself most of the time...it was great! I had bought a little doll baby to give to her in the car, kind of as a "here's a new toy to keep you entertained" deal...but I didn't even have to break it out! She hardly played with any of the toys we brought for her...just a stuffed animal and a book! Crazy kid! Anyways, we all had a fun time. We got down there Friday around lunch time and checked into our cabin. We stayed at the same cabin we did 2 years ago...it was really neat to go back to the same place, but this time not be pregnant! At the cabin, people who stay there play "The Dollar Bill Game"...you read clues left by the last people who stayed there and find dollar bills hidden throughout the cabin...then you re-hide the money you found and make up clues for the next people. Well, we found like 21 bills left from the previous people and a few of them were ones that we hid 2 years ago! And one of them hadn't been found by anyone in the last 2 years! So that was kind of cool to find! Anyways, we went on a short hike Friday night and then enjoyed lasagna (made by me!) and the hot tub at the cabin! Saturday Kaitlyn stayed at the cabin with Grandma (thanks Grandma!!) while the rest of us went hiking all day. Believe it or not, I felt like I was in better shape last time at 6 months pregnant than I was this time! Oopsy...better start working out again soon! Ha! We also went horseback riding, which was really fun! And Kaitlyn got to experience 'Smores for the first time...she loved them, but wasn't too fond of the stickyness! Then we had another relaxing evening in the hot tub with some drinks...two things I didn't get to do when I was preggers! :o) Sunday Wayne made his famous breakfast burrito's, we re-hid our dollars and wrote clues and finished up our trip with one more hike. The weather was perfect for hiking down there...about 75 and sunny every day! We think we'll make this an every couple of years trip because we always have so much fun!
A potty training update: Kaitlyn is doing great! We took her potty with us this weekend and she went on it a couple times each day! And today she pee'd on it 4 times! Although it didn't seem like we used any less diapers...it seems like she's not holding it for very long yet, so that could be disappointing...I feel like she understands WHAT we do on the potty...but do I really want to take her to the potty like every hour?! So, for now we'll just keep going after meals/snacks/before bed and go from there. I have to admit that I'M not totally ready to take it to the next level...potty training is a lot of work...and she's not even wearing undies yet...I can't imagine how many extra outfit changes each day that will be! Ugh!
There are tons of pics from our trip on Shutterfly now...look!! I still haven't started Kaitlyn's 21 months picture folder yet though...maybe I'll get to that tomorrow!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment