Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Very POOPY Day!

Yes, I realize that poop is gross...but having a baby is a free pass to talk about poop all you want! So here we go! This morning Kaitlyn poo'd in her diaper before we even got her changed...'darn it', I thought because I was really hoping to 'catch' her going and put her on the potty! So 1.5 hours later (after breakfast) I set her on the potty hoping to catch a pee...so we read and read and then I left her alone for a little bit...then I heard grunting...so I poked my head in the door and sure enough, there was poop in her potty! YAY!! Kaitlyn poo'd on the potty!! So that was very exciting! And no, I didn't take Kaitlyn's picture next to the poo in the potty like Kate Gosselin did with her kiddo's (but the thought did cross my mind)! He he! Then it was off to church...we picked her up from Kidville and P-U did she stink! She had the nastiest, smeariest, stinkiest diaper she has ever had I think...and of course, it was in a cloth diaper! ICK! So we had a lot of poo excitement today...and now I'm done talking about poo! :o)

The rest of our day was very fun too! We drove to Grand Rapids and then got ice cream on the way home...Kaitlyn only snoozed for 20 minutes in the car though...bummer! And then we were off to the Lucas County Fair with Gavin & family. We checked out lots of barn animals...sheep, pigs, cows, bunnies, goats, etc...she loved them and made the appropriate sounds at each of them! Then we tried out the pony ride...I thought she'd be clinging to me for dear life, but she surprised me and was happy to ride the pony's! That gives me hope for a successful Cedar Point trip this summer! So, it was a fun day. Tomorrow Kaitlyn's buddy Joe is supposed to come over to play...he's just over 2 and is potty trained...hopefully I can get the low-down on successful potty training from his Mommy...and maybe Joe will show Kaitlyn how awesome it is to wear big-kid undies! :o)

Kaitlyn enjoying the pony ride at the fair!


Watching a balloon/magic show...look at those pretty blue eyes!


No comments: