Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeding Herself...Finally!

That's right...Kaitlyn has finally gotten the hang of self-feeding...EVERYTHING! She's been pretty good with feeding herself 'sticks' of food like cheese sticks, veggie sticks, toast, etc...but over the weekend she mastered the fine art of eating little pieces of foods like cheerios, etc! Wahoo! She's been picking them up and playing with them, but never could figure out how to get them out of her hand and into her mouth! But she gets it now! She ate soooo many cheerios this weekend...sometimes she puts 2 or 3 in her mouth at once and I have to tell her to wait to shove the rest in! She's finally turning into a little piggy eater! She's really starting to eat a lot more at meals too...and less puree and more chunks of fruits & veggies now, so that's fun...it's like she's eating REAL food, not baby food puree anymore! Ha ha! And my little girl got the "cheese gene" from Mommy too...she LOVES string cheese!! I'm so proud she's feeding herself now!!! :o)

We had a great weekend too. Saturday I got to spend lots of time enjoying Kaitlyn, which was nice. Wayne and I took her to Toys R Us Saturday morning to look around for birthday ideas. It was so much fun playing with all the kid toys there! I even got a little choked up walking down the doll aisle...thinking about how Kaitlyn will get to enjoy playing with dolls like I did! I'm so happy to have a little girl to share growing up with!! Anyways, we found some pretty cool toys, but didn't get anything...'til today when I went back to buy her this kitchen I saw her that was on sale! It's very cool...it goes from toddlerhood through like 5 years old, so we'll get our moneys-worth out of it! At first I was going to give it to her for Christmas...from Santa...but I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long so she may get it for her birthday instead! Oh boy, I can't wait!! Anyways, Kaitlyn & I also met my childhood friend Jerri and her son Lucas for lunch on Saturday...we had a great time catching up and her little boy is getting so big! He's 5 years old now and I remember when he was born! I'm sure Kaitlyn will grow up that fast too! Then Saturday night our niece Danielle stayed the night...she really had a good time playing with Kaitlyn! Kaitlyn just loves her cousin Danielle!! She even watched Kaitlyn while I took a shower...ahhh, bliss...an uninterrupted shower!! :o) That's Kaitlyn's new thing lately...she practically climbs in the shower with me! Yikes! She's getting very close to getting her leg over the edge of the tub and falling in! But she seems so intrigued by the running water, soap, Mommy behind the shower curtain, etc...I've tried putting toys in the bathroom to keep her entertained, but apparently nothing is more fun to watch than Mommy taking a shower!!! Talk about a lack of privacy! Ha!

Hhmmm...what else is new?? I'm trying to teach Kaitlyn where her nose is...I ask her where Mommy's nose is and she pretty much whacks my nose...she hasn't gotten the hang of a gentle point yet...but she knows my nose! So that's very cute. And she's getting a little more generous with her waves now too. Well, I think that'll do for a quick catch up! Good nite!

No comments: