Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Sick & Tired of Being Sick & Tired!

Wow...what a weekend! Let's see...Thursday night our niece Danielle came over to visit and Amanda & Gavin stopped over for a bit. I was starting to feel pretty icky...sore throat and stuffiness! I knew something icky was brewing!

Friday I woke up with NO VOICE so I called off work. I hate using time off for actually being sick! But having the day off actually worked out ok since I was going out of town that night...it gave me much more time to pack and get ready instead of rushing around after work like I had planned. So I stopped and picked up Kaitlyn's 10 month pics from JCP and they are very cute! And then it was off to Urbana for the annual alumni volleyball game! I felt awful, but didn't want to miss it so I toughed it out! My mom met me down there so she could be on baby duty while I played. We had a great time and actually beat this years team 2 out of the 3 games! That's NEVER happened before so that was fun. After the game they always have pizza for us and then some of the girls I graduated with went out for coffee afterwards. We had a blast catching up and they thought Kaitlyn was a doll. She enjoyed the volleyball game and even clapped when she heard others clapping...very cute! But it was getting late and she was getting fussy so we drove to Grandma's. Kaitlyn fell asleep in the car and even slept through me moving her from the carseat to her bed! But then she woke up sometime in the middle of the night...I was pretty much out of it...so I just put her in bed with me...then she woke up again around 6ish and we got up, only to fall asleep on the couch again in a couple hours! It was nice to snuggle with her though! I think she's craving more attention since she's not feeling so great...lots of runny snotty noses these days! :o) Here's Kaitlyn & Grandma enjoying the volleyball game:
Saturday morning we met some of the family at Bob Evan's for brunch and Kaitlyn did her usual 'screech-in-the-restaurant-to-embarrass-Mommy routine'! Then we were off for our usual shopping and errand running. Kaitlyn was a real trooper...I could tell she just didn't feel great...kind of fussy and tired and wanting extra attention and cuddles. So, after some great deal finding, we headed back to Grandma's to enjoy pizza and a relaxing night in front of the TV...ahhh. The Buckeye's barely pulled out a win this weekend, but it was still a "W"! I missed almost all of the game because Kaitlyn didn't want any part of going to sleep again...I guess she wanted to stay up and watch the game too?! Well, she fell asleep on me (Again, wanting extra cuddles since she wasn't feeling great?) and I fell asleep too and then woke up around midnight! I had no idea if OSU won the game or not, 'til the next morning! Well, Kaitlyn was up and down a bit at night and up for good around 6am again! I think Grandma's room doesn't stay as dark as Kaitlyn's so she kept waking up early!

Sunday we had some yummy donuts and then fell back asleep on the couch (yes, again) for an hour or so...I did lots of napping with little Kaitlyn this weekend! We both needed the sleep though! Then it was off to my cousin Maya's 5th birthday party! They also have 2 year old twin girls, so there were lots of little girls to entertain Kaitlyn! She still wasn't feeling great so she was still a bit fussy, but I think she had a good time playing with her cousins. One of the twins (Emily) kept 'mothering' Kaitlyn...it was so cute...she'd come up and put her arm around her and pat her bottom as she crawled around! Abbie (the other twin) wasn't sure what to make of this new baby in her house though! Kaitlyn even enjoyed 'helping' open presents...more like ripping up the paper already on the floor! She had a fun day though and then it was time to head for home! Kaitlyn did great in the car on the way down, but coming home she wasn't feeling great and was extra fussy! She slept the first hour, which was great, but from about Findlay to Toledo she turned into little Kaitlyn Monster! I even tried to bribe her with food (these little pinwheel things) and that lasted about 5 minutes, then she was crying again! My voice was just starting to come back and I was trying to save it, but nothing soothes a baby like Mama singing! So, I tried to get out a couple rounds of "The Wheels on the Bus" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" without my throat hurting too bad! Aahhh...that worked and she was happily cooing along...thank goodness! The best part is that she went right to sleep last night (around 10ish - late but oh well) and didn't wake up 'til around 7:30 this morning! Aahhhh, sweet sleep! :o)
Here's a pic of all the cute girls at the birthday party (Abbie, Mindy, Emily, Kaitlyn and Maya):Wow...sorry, that was seriously LONG!

No comments: