So...Kaitlyn woke up this morning at 4am...totally ready to get up and play! Usually, I am not a happy camper when I get woke up by Ms. Kaitlyn, but this morning she was so happy and babbling and giggling at 4am, I just had to laugh along with her! Thankfully, she layed in her crib babbling (NOT crying!) and played with her stuffed piggy and finally fell back to sleep around 5am or so...kind of funny because I went back to bed around 4:20 after Kaitlyn settled back down, but I kept expecting her to stand back up and cry for me or something so I didn't go back to sleep 'til she did around 5am! URGH! Amazing that she just fell back asleep on her own like that though because she was SOOO wide awake!
She's really been into books lately...they are her favorite thing to play with right now. She opens them and turns the pages and holds the book up to her face, just like she's reading it...it's so funny. And then she chomps on the book too...mmm!
Today we went to the pediatrician for the first part of Kaitlyn's flu vaccine. Poor baby...not a great way to wake up with a POKE in her leg! She cried for a minute but then was fine...phew...and is now a little sleepier than normal, but that's A-OK with me! :o) They were only going to give her the shot and that's it, but I asked them to weigh Kaitlyn so we'd know if she weighs enough to face forward by her birthday (babies have to be 20 pounds and 1 year old to face forward)...I was worried that our little stinker wouldn't weigh enough and she'd have to face backward still...but we put her on the scale this morning and she weighed EXACTLY 20 pounds, right on the button! Hooray, so that's cool! Time to buy a new carseat!! After the ped. we stopped at Walmart for groceries and the usual stuff. Kaitlyn was getting fussy so I held her in my arms and pushed the cart at the same time...not an easy thing to do with an 11 month old! She was so tired from her shot that she fell asleep on me and my arm was feeling VERY heavy so I actually layed her down in the shopping cart seat (another perk of using the floppy seat cover is that it's padded) and she took a nap like that! Ha! Her legs were hanging WAY over the edge of the cart, but she must have been comfy because she slept like that almost an hour!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment