Whew, what a crazy day! We rolled out of bed and headed to Walmart for the usual stuff...then went to my friend Amy's house to play with her little boy, Joe, who is 2 years old. The kiddo's had a blast playing together...minus a few pushes, shoves and sharing issues, that is! Two year olds...what can ya do?! But in the end we got them to hug and kiss, which was so stinking cute! Joe just hugged her and wouldn't let go...and he's so tall that it was more like he had Kaitlyn in a head-lock, rather than a hug...but cute none the less! It's always so fun to play with someone elses toys for a change too!
Next on our to-do-list was Kaitlyn's 18 month check up. She now tips the scales at a whopping 23 pounds 5.5 ounces (50th %) and is 32.5 inches tall (75th %)...I swear she seems taller than that to me, but what do I know! The pediatrician said she's doing great...climbing and knowing body parts and opening doors and following instructions and of course, all those words! She asked if she's kicking a ball yet and I said kind of, but I'm not sure if it's accidental sometimes...well, do you know what she did when we got home?? Yup, she kept kicking her ball around...on purpose, for sure this time! So that was cool...I kind of wanted to call the ped. back and say "Yup, she kicks!" Ha ha! Anyways, her appointment went great, until those pokey shots...she is not a fan of those! This 18 month appointment was quite different than the 15 month one...she kept opening the door to our room, trying to escape...and she had a bit more fear of the doctors this time around...she's not so generous with the smiles and words as she used to be! All in all, a good appointment though!
Then it was on to Mommy's doctor appointment...yup, with Kaitlyn...by myself...this was tricky! My eye has been swollen for the last couple days with a sty, which is somewhat normal for me, but this time was really bad so I decided to get it checked out. Anyways, of course they lock you in that little room waiting for the doctor FOREVER...and when you have an 18 month old with you, it seems to take even longer! We quickly ran out of interesting toys from the diaper bag...then we breezed through a baggy of cheerios...read a book...opened all the cupboards in the office...kept opening the door to our room, again trying to escape...discovered that spinning her doggie around on the doctors chair was TONS-O-FUN...and FINALLY the doctor came in...geeez! He looked at my eye, said "Yup, that's a sty" (NO KIDDING!!) and gave me some eyedrops...seriously, two minutes with the doctor is NOT WORTH the 40 minutes of waiting! So now I'm ready to drop!
Well, it's finally vacation week!!! Only 2 days of work for me this week, so hopefully they'll go fast! We have lots of packing and cleaning and organizing baby plans to take care of. Here are a few pictures from our fun weekend...enjoy!
The family at Amanda's HS Graduation Party...
Kaitlyn & Joe having a fun time playing!

Kaitlyn & Joe hugging...how cute is this?!
Kaitlyn waiting for her shots at her check up...poor kiddo got poked! Ouch!
1 comment:
Oh I totally know the feeling! I can barely keep Christian still either. It's so much work to keep them occupied at this age!
Post a Comment