Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend fun...and it's not over yet!

So Friday night was Mom's Night Out and boy, did we have a good time! I haven't laughed that hard in ages! It was so nice to have a night out away from work, home, baby, etc...I go out without Kaitlyn so rarely that it feels weird to not have to lug around the diaper bag and all the other baby paraphernalia...it's so easy and quick getting out of the car with just me!

Sunday I joined some work mom's at the zoo...it's always nice to catch up with them and their kiddo's...three of them are 18 months so it's fun to see what each others kids are up to now. Kaitlyn is definitely the talker of the group...she was babbling and pointing out zoo animals the whole time! We let them play on the playground there too, which was insane...there must have been 20 toddlers all climbing on this one little playset thing! But Kaitlyn had fun sliding down and she even walked (not crawled, which is progress!) up the stairs holding onto the handrail all by herself! I think she learned that from watching the other kiddo's...cool! After the zoo it was time for a short nap and then we were off to Gavin's Daddy's (Justin) birthday party at El Camino. That was super yummy...well, Kaitlyn thought otherwise...she was having a typical picky dinner...but Wayne and I loved it! Of course Kaitlyn's boyfriend Gavin was there and another little girl Eden, who is maybe 15ish months...they all enjoyed the Mariachi band! After dinner we went over to their house so Wayne could check out their basement (work stuff)...so the kiddo's got to play some more. Kaitlyn was infatuated with their cat...she kept running after it saying "kitty kitty"...then they let it outside and she kept going to the door, looking outside at the cat saying "kitty kitty!"...it was really cute! I think she thought the cat was going to follow us home, because this morning she looked out our windows and kept asking for it..."kitty? kitty?"...I swear she was sad that he wasn't outside our window! Anyways, the kids had fun playing last night...they were really sweet together...Kaitlyn even tried kissing and hugging Gavin again! Of course, they are so all over the place that it's impossible to get a good picture of them together anymore!

This morning I took Kaitlyn to get her 18 month pictures taken at JCPenny...I chose there because I wanted to take the cheaper route, instead of splurging at Portrait Innovations, like for her 12 month pictures. Well, it ended up being a waste of time...the lady there was rushing me through the session, even though there wasn't anyone waiting...she only took 28 pictures of Kaitlyn and there were only a few good ones to choose from...then she told me the package I had planned on getting was going to be more expensive than it was last time (or so I thought), plus I forgot the coupon at home and was going to have to go home to get it and then come back to officially order...so I never went back! We're going to PI tomorrow morning instead! We'll get like 200 pictures and all the negatives on CD plus it'll only be a little bit more than what I was going to have to spend at JCP...and way neater backgrounds! So, hopefully she'll cooperate AGAIN tomorrow for that! Anyways...check shutterfly for new pics from this weekend! And professional pics coming soon...hopefully! :o)

No comments: