Monday, June 22, 2009

Summery Things!

Today we enjoyed a beautiful summer day by getting out Kaitlyn's little frog pool. We tried it a few weeks ago, but the water was too cold so she didn't want anything to do with it! Today was a different story though...I couldn't get her out of the pool! She had a blast! Then we did another 'summery thing' and ate corn on the cobb with dinner on our patio. This was Kaitlyn's 1st experience with corn on the cobb...it was too funny! When we were shucking the corn she kept calling it a "nana" (banana)...then when the time came to eat it, she put it in her mouth like a banana too...the long way, not sideways! Then we'd show her the 'right' way to eat it and she'd try that...but then she kept going back to the 'banana' method! He he! Finally, she handed the cobb to me as if to say "Mom...enough of this already...just cut the corn off for me so I can eat it!"

In 'potty news'...we got Kaitlyn's potty chair out a few weeks ago and have let her try sitting on it...not that we really expect anything to happen, but I think it helps her get used to the idea of what we "do" in the bathroom! She doesn't care too much for sitting on it...I can't say I blame her since the chair we have is wooden and probably hurts her little bum! I think I may get a ring for the "big potty" too eventually. Anyways, I've been letting her sit on it before baths...she doesn't do anything but sit for a second and then get up. Well, yesterday she sat on it, stood up, and peed all over the floor in front of it! ICK! That was pretty gross! But I'm hoping that maybe that's a very small step in the right direction...like, she knows where the potty SHOULD go...it's a matter of figuring out how to get it there! I think she's also starting to recognize more when she is going in her diapers too...which I know is a big step, so that'll be nice! She doesn't yet tell us when she's going, but she sometimes grabs at her diaper when she (I think) is peeing. It's crazy to think that we may have less than 6 months of diaper changes left...and I just got my cloth diaper stash built up...doh! :o)

Ok...so new pics are up on shutterfly from our exciting day! Here are a few:
Check out this fashion diva ready for a swim! Ha ha!

She loved the pool...and stayed in so long she was very pruney!

Kaitlyn 1st try with corn on the cobb...this takes practice!

No comments: