Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything! Hopefully this won't be too long! Let's see...it's been a rough week as far as sleep is concerned. Wednesday and Thursday night Wayne and I went out so we had a sitter two nights in a row...I'm sure that contributed to the 'not-so-great' sleeping! Plus, I think Kaitlyn may be getting her MOLARS in! Yes, you read it correctly...our little girl only has her bottom two front teeth so far...I think she's going to skip past the other teeth and move right to the ouchy molars! Ouch! I can't see anything coming in yet, but it sure feels more bumpy in the back of her mouth than it used to! Poor baby! Maybe if she gets her molars now, then the rest of her teeth won't be that bad coming in! We can only hope!
Halloween was pretty fun last night. Kaitlyn was WAY too long for her Eeyore costume, so I found a pink poodle costume at Old Navy for 5 bucks! What a deal! So we rushed to get ready after I got off work and headed over to Aunt Ruth & Uncle Jim's house...they go WAY OUT for Halloween...so much so that their house was on the news last year for being so decorated! It's pretty gorey (hm...is that how you spell that?) so I was nervous that Kaitlyn would be a little freaked out, but she loved it! There were lots of skeleton skulls around and Kaitlyn loved touching them! I'm sure next year she'll be scared of everything though! We took her down one street to let her get the real trick or treat experience...and get this...one lady commented on how cute Kaitlyn was and she tried to be very nice and looked for something that the baby could eat...so she says "Oh, here are some swedish gummy fish...she should be able to eat those." Ha ha ha ha ha...lady, Kaitlyn only has 2 teeth...I'm sure she can't 'gum up' swedish fish! And even if she could I'm not giving my 11 month old any candy! Ha ha...at least she was trying to be nice though! Then we headed back to the party at Aunt Ruth's and Kaitlyn was getting pretty tired...she hadn't napped much that day either, so I counted on her being cranky...well, cranky she was...we could have dressed her up as a little monster because that's what she turned in to around 7:30! I think she was just overwhelmed by all the people at the party, plus she was tired, so we headed home around 8pm. Well, as soon as we get home I change her diaper and then off she goes before I could even get her clothes on! It's like she got a second wind or something because she was happily playing with all her toys and zooming up the stairs and giggling histerically! So, I just let her tire herself out playing and she didn't get to bed 'til around 9:30!

Meal time has been getting more exciting lately. It sure helps that she's feeding herself finger foods now! String cheese is still her favorite, but she also loves chicken, green beans and all types of fruit...peas and lima beans not so much! For breakfast today she tried a whole grain waffle and for lunch we have been sharing grilled cheese sandwiches...she loves those too! Now that she's almost a year old we get to try more new foods...whole eggs (not just the yolk anymore), whole milk, fish...I'm glad we get some new choices because her meals were starting to get a little boring...one can only eat so many fruits and veggies...at least she likes them though!

This week I start my new work shift...the good news is it's from 8am-4:30pm every day with no more late nights...HALLELUJAH...the bad news is that it's Tuesday through SATURDAY...ick! This week they are offering over time so I'm going to take advantage of that...extra cash could definitely come in handy this time of year! Plus, this Friday we get our bonus'...I have no idea how much it will be...hopefully more then like 20 bucks! Ha ha! Well...I think that's enough for now! So much for it not being too long! Ha! Here's a pic of our little pink poodle!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love Kaitlyn's poodle outfit! How cute!!

I am totally jealous that she stayed asleep in a shopping cart too! That's insane!