Friday, December 12, 2008

Busy Girl!

Wow, just this last week or so it seems like Kaitlyn is non-stop playing and getting into things! She's too busy exploring all her toys to have time to cuddle on our laps anymore! :o( This week she's really gotten into her bounce & spin zebra toy...she used to just enjoy making the music play, but now she bounces on him and gets on and off him pretty well too! Yesterday Aunt Ruth told me about two exciting things I missed while working (boo for work). First, she climbed up on the couch all by herself! Well, Ruth said she stepped on her foot and used it to get a little higher so she could make it onto the couch! Then, once on the couch she was sitting there playing and Ruth looked over and she was in a squating position and stood up on the couch not holding onto anything! WHAT?! That's nuts! That's such an unsteady surface I'm surprised she could do that since she doesn't really stand by herself on the ground much yet! So, I missed it...but very cool that she did it! Hopefully she'll let Mommy see sometime soon! Let's see...what else is new? She's still babbling quite a bit, but we haven't had any new words lately...she keeps saying "me me" but I'm not sure what that is...I think maybe that means "Elmo" but I'm not sure! She seems to be stuck on repeating "Baby" all the time now...everything is still a baby! Hmm...well, I guess that's it for the "Kaitlyn Update"...ha ha!

Mommy & Daddy got to play volleyball last night...it was super fun. Last night was the last one 'til mid-January so there were a lot of people there. We all had a good time playing and it was nice to escape Mommy-hood for a couple hours! Kaitlyn was even in bed by the time we got home, which was wonderful! Tonight I get another night off as Wayne is on baby-duty so I can go out with some girlfriends! Then I'm working most of the day tomorrow and then it's off to Gavin's bday party! Then Sunday is church and I'm curious if they'll let Kaitlyn go in with the "walkers" now...she's currently in the "sitters & crawlers" room but I think if she could get in with the walkers it would help her to see how fun it is to walk! He he! We'll see! Happy almost weekend!!

No comments: