Friday, December 19, 2008

Tidbits...

Nothing major going on...just bored at work so I thought I'd write a little update on what we've been up to the last few days! Wednesday night we went to Boston Market to grab some dinner while we were out running errands...so, we're all sitting there, eating our YUMMY chicken and sides and there are a mom and daughter sitting a few tables over. The girl looks about 8 years old or so...well she stands up and is holding her throat like the 'universal choking sign' and so the mom is like 'are you choking?' and she moves around behind her to do the heimlech! Then we hear the mom scold her about how 'that's not funny!' and 'you should know better than that!'...we finally gathered that the girl swallowed a penny (eeew, gross...think about all the people who touch money...ick!) and it got stuck in her throat...so they were off to the ER and we finished eating! Talk about weird! After our dinner excitement we got Kaitlyn some snow pants and boots and headed back home to try them out. Well, we got her all bundled up and she looked so funny...she couldn't even move her arms or stand up on her own! We put her in her little sled and just took her around our neighborhood. Our driveway was always cleared, so we took her down to sled down Kelly & Micah's driveway! Oooh what a fun time she had! She was so quiet (which never happens anymore!) and was just mezmorized by the chilly air and the Christmas lights I think! So that was fun! Then we took her sledding again last night, but this time we went to a little hill by the fire station in Waterville. I was nervous about taking her down it so Daddy went with her first and I caught her at the bottom. Then I went up with her and let her go and her sled went off to the side and she tipped over! YIKES! Bad Mommy Alert! She was face-first in the snow for a second and then Daddy and Mommy came to the rescue! Oooopsy! We totally didn't mean for that to happen! She let out a cry and I picked her up and then she was fine...phew...no injuries or anything, but still! I think she got scared for a second! So, then we took her down the hill (more carefully) a couple more times so she wouldn't be scared of sledding forever and headed home! So, it's been an adventurous couple of days!

What else is new...hhmmmm? Kaitlyn seems to understand getting dressed and undressed more the last month or so...she'll hold her arm out for you to put her shirt or coat on and pushes her arm through the sleeve too and she kind of offers her foot to you for her pant leg too...it's making it a lot easier to get her dressed, that's for sure...unless, of course, she's having a temper trantrum at the time...then's it's still a wrestling match! When she's on her changing table, I have a little book and a toy mirror she plays with while I change her...now when I say "Put your book away" she knows to put it right in the basket on her changing table (so it's there for next time)...I don't even have to point at the basket anymore! She just knows where it goes! Hooray! She's also starting to get the hang of putting her toys away when we clean up at the end of the day...she's starting to 'help' me a little bit more...I'd say I pick up about 10 toys for every 1 that she puts away in the basket! Hey, I'll take all the help I can get! :o) It's so cute seeing her learn all these little things...every day it seems like she's getting smarter and smarter! Oh, and we're still BIG into books too! She's getting really good at turning the pages in her board books! Before she'd turn maybe 2-3 pages at once, but now she usually turns just one page at a time...and I don't know how she knows, but she almost always holds the book right...like, not upside down or anything! What a little smarty pants! I think maybe I should rename our blog to "Mommy's Brag Board"! Ha ha! It's just so easy to get wrapped up in all that this little girl is learning! Happy Friday! :o) PS -- Stay tuned for new pics from sledding very soon!

No comments: