Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Strawberries!

Kaitlyn tried Strawberries today! The last few months we've been given the 'go ahead' from the pediatrician on trying new foods, so she's gotten to taste lots of yummy new foods. Well, strawberries are a high allergy food, so I wanted to wait 'til Kaitlyn was a year old before she had them. Well, today Aunt Ruth made Strawberry Salad (a holiday treat) with bananas, pineapple, jello and of course strawberries in it and we gave some to Kaitlyn..."mmmm", she says...she loved it! She hasn't had a reaction to any foods yet, so hopefully strawberries will be fine too!

She has really been talking up a storm lately! Yesterday we ran errands and she was just babbling away in the car the whole time! Now that she faces forward, I think she can see all the other cars and people better and she tries to talk to them! Ha! So now I'm thinking that our quiet car rides are over forever! Ha ha! But it's cute...it's usually just babble with a few real words every once in a while...but it's like her own language...and she totally thinks she's talking and carrying on a conversation with us! The only time she seems to be quiet is if we're around a bunch of people...then she seems to be more of a people watcher and the talking ceases! Ah, silence! Ha ha!

Well, our Sunday Thanksgiving went well too. Good food, but I'm glad it's over with! We had a fun time playing Rock Band after dinner though! Yesterday was a day full of errands...library, new car registration, Anderson's, Kroger, etc. I tried finding this new resale shop in Whitehouse (just down the road) but couldn't find it, so I called them today for directions and will maybe go after work. Not that Kaitlyn needs any clothes right now...I just want to look for snow pants and maybe some little boots for her to wear...if she ever starts walking! :o) My friend Amanda is Gavin's Mommy...he's about Kaitlyn's age and is walking and she was telling me how quiet it is walking instead of crawling...I dunno...I think Kaitlyn will be walking into rooms going "ba ba da da baby blah blah blah"! Ha ha! Ok, back to work I go...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yup yup like I said I think Kaitlyn's destined to be a cheerleader with all the talking/yelling she does and Gavin is destined to be the football player. The other day he was nursing and grabbed my fingers and cracked all of them with his grip! I was like dang boy!