Saturday, December 27, 2008

No Holiday Today...Back to Work!! BLAH!

Booo...I'm back to work...just for today and then I'm off again Sunday and Monday and then Thursday for New Year's...but it sure is hard to return to work after 6 days off! Plus, Grandma is still here and it's hard to work when I know her and Kaitlyn are downstairs having fun playing with all her new toys while I'm stuck working! Oh well...I can make it through one day of work I guess!

Yesterday was a fun day, although it started off a little slippery! We had planned to get some after Christmas shopping deals but when we left the house we were slipping all over the place just in the driveway and on the street...so we decided to stay at home a little while longer 'til the ice melted off the roads. Once we finally headed out, we went to Fallen Timbers where we got lots of goodies! I found an ADORABLE Christmas dress for Kaitlyn for next year (Hope I guessed the right size for a year from now!) and I got to spend my gift cards at Aeropostale on some clothes for me!! We also found some yummy smelling stuff at B&BW and a super cute shirt for Kaitlyn at Baby Gap! We had lunch at Red Robin (My 2nd meal there in 3 days!) while Kaitlyn slept in her stroller...how she can sleep through the loudness of that place is beyond me! Then woke up and ate lunch too. Finally, we headed to Target, which had the greatest finds of all! We got a couple cute Christmas things for next year, but the best part was that in the baby department they had all the Classic Winnie the Pooh stuff on clearance so I FINALLY got to get the lamp that I've wanted for Kaitlyn's room and it was 1/2 off!! Wahoo! Then we headed back home so that Wayne and I could take advantage of Grandma being in town (FREE BABYSITTER!) and we headed out for our DATE!! We stopped for pretzel bites at the mall (Very much like when we were dating years ago!) and then went to Hallmark where we found another part of our nativity set for 40% off so Wayne got that for us too!! Then we headed to the movies...can I just say that Marley & Me is the cutest movie ever! It's like they made that movie about our family kind of...a young couple (Wayne & I) who get a yellow lab puppy (Autumn) who is a terror (Remember how awful she used to be...potty training?!) and then they have kids (Kaitlyn) and then the Mom gets frustrated at the dog because kids are enough work without having a dog around (He he...I'm guilty!)...it was just a really cute funny movie!

Anyways, Grandma got Kaitlyn to bed with no problem and she even said that Kaitlyn goes to bed so easily! I was like "I know!"...I'm not sure how we got so lucky with that one but I'm glad we did! Now we have her bedtime routine down to jammies (a bath every other night), a book, sway to lullibies for a few minutes and then lay her down and she's out in a couple minutes! I love the way it works now and I think it'll stay the same 'til she goes into her 'big girl' bed in a couple more years...I just can't imagine her getting into her jammies and climing into bed on her own! Weird! Anyways...it's been a fun week getting to spend some more time with her. As for the walking, it seems to be on and off with her...some days she'll walk all over the place, but other days she seems happy to crawl everywhere! Yesterday the poor girl was in the stroller all day long and she kept turning around and looking at me like "Mommy, I wanna get out and walk!" Hopefully the rest of the weekend she'll get to expend some of that energy! Tomorrow is church, but then we don't really have any plans after that. And Monday we're meeting Gavin for a play date!! So that'll be fun! Well, back to work I go! :o)

No comments: