Sunday we went out to brunch with all the other millions of mom's! We waited outside at Cracker Barrell...and of course, Kaitlyn just wanted to get down and run the parking lot...but Mommy had other ideas and Kaitlyn wasn't too happy about that! So, we had Temper Tantrum #1 for the day...everyone looked, of course, and even Grandma was surprised with how 'different' she acts these days! Ha! One woman walked by and said "She's making you earn it today, huh?" (meaning Mother's Day)!! She finally fell asleep on me and THEN, wouldn't you know it, they call our name to eat! So I ate just about the whole meal holding her asleep on my lap! Thankfully, she woke up in a much happier mood! :o) So then we were off to Kohl's where I found some sweet deals...4 complete outfits for the kiddo for $35! Woo! I got 3T for next summer...hopefully I'm guessing correctly...so far so good though! If anything, she may be able to wear some 2T stuff again next summer! And Grandma had a bunch of stuff there for her too, so Kaitlyn made out! Anyways, then it was off to my cousin's to visit with some family we don't get to see very much! That was nice. My cousin had a 6 month old little boy and he was so cute...a little chunker! Kaitlyn wanted to run around their house and explore, but of course it wasn't really baby-proofed, so again with the tantrums! But we stopped at a little playground on the way home and let her expell some energy...she loved it! The playground was actually set up for more toddler age kids...it was fenced in with smaller toys...she LOVED all the little slides they had...one of them she could even climb up on her own and then slide down...all by herself...well, we were there just in case, but she did it on her own! Very cool to watch! Then we visited with Grandpa R...who couldn't believe how big she had gotten either! All that tired her out enough to go right to sleep that night! Yes! Then on Monday we ran a few quick errands and had lunch at Bob Evans...there was a group from a senior center nearby and I think Kaitlyn's ear-deafening scream probably broke their hearing aids...it was so loud! Who knew that not being able to reach the high chair buckle could be the end of the world?! WOW! But she settled down and scribbled a picture for Grandma and ate her food pretty well...and promptly passed out in the car for the ride home! Yes! So all in all, our trip was great...very busy, but also relaxing!
As if this isn't already long enough...I have a few cute Kaitlyn updates too! She's been repeating a lot more...she'll now say "socks" and "nose"...and she's all ready for OSU football season too...we say "O-H" and she says "I-O"!! Daddy was impressed that I taught her that while we were gone this weekend! :o) I keep working on "Go Bucks" but no such luck yet! I think she's finally done cutting those 2 molars now...the constant fussiness is gone...finally! I just hope she gives us a little break before her other 2 molars come in...I know they're there...just not sure how close! And...we have more big news to report...but this is long enough, so I'll save that for next time!! :o)
Eating at "the big kid table" at Grandma's! That's Mommy's Sesame Street plate from way back in the day! Check out her poor little face! Ouch!

Getting ready to go down one of the slides at the park! She loves it!

No comments:
Post a Comment