We've had a fun last few days! Here's the catch-up...Friday night Wayne & I went to our neighbors party and had a good time. We left Kaitlyn at home (already asleep, or so I thought) with Wayne's dad. Well, he called after about a half hour and said she was up...so I went home and got her back to sleep...then back to the party...good thing we were just a few houses away. It was a fun time anyways. Saturday was work...not so fun...then we walked to a park near our house and let Kaitlyn play for a bit. The train in Waterville also started back up running this weekend, so we got to show her a 'real' choo choo train up close as it went right by us. She thought that was pretty cool! Sunday at church Kaitlyn got "kicked out" of the nursery! Not really, but they called me back to get her because she had been whining/fussing/crying for a while...so I walked around with her for like 20 minutes, finally got her to sleep (early nap because she woke up stinking early that morning!) and then went back into church...my back was killing me because of holding her for so long! Then we went out to eat with our friends' family at Bar Louie's at Levis...it was really nice. We sat out on the patio...which is awesome when you have a baby...who cares about the mess...the birds will eat it! Ha! Kaitlyn was the lunch-time entertainment, as usual...everyone thought "POP goes the weasel" was really cute! Then Wayne and I ran some errands...we got a bike trailer for the back of our bikes so Kaitlyn can ride along with us! It's really cool! She doesn't like getting strapped in, but as soon as she's in and we're moving, she likes it.
Yesterday was really fun too. Kaitlyn and I ran to the post office and then to OUAC and found a cute Osh Kosh jacket for 5 bucks! Woo! Then I was hoping she'd be good another 10 minutes in the stroller so I could run into TJMaxx and look for me...well, I was pressing my luck because she was not having it! So I QUICKLY picked out 2 tops, didn't try them on, picked up a book for her and we were outta there...ugh...she gave another fantastic performance of the "I'm a whiney toddler" show...it was lovely. On our way home I vowed to never go out in public with her again...at least not for another few years! Ha! And wouldn't you know it, she fell asleep in the car...so I was stuck in the car with no where to go for about 45 minutes! Anyways, after lunch I strapped her in the bike trailer and rode to this new park near downtown Waterville...got some good exercise...it's rough going up hill with that thing! Anyways, the park was really nice...all new equipment and no one was there but us. Kaitlyn loves the swings and going down the slide...now she knows how to kind of 'scooch' herself down by herself...we no longer have to 'shove' her to go down! Ha! We must have played at that park over an hour and then rode back home...and played outside some more! Then went for a walk at another park near by with a girl from work and then again around our neighborhood...ahh spring...got to soak in the sun when it's out! :o)
So, that's what we've been up to...sorry, that was pretty long! Not too much new with the kiddo...she's just picking up words left and right it seems...now she's trying to say "gas" (grass) and "buh" (bird) and she points out every "ow-ah" (flower) that we see outside! At the park yesterday she kept pointing out all the "ow-ah"...there were zillions of dandelions so she kept going "ow-ah ow-ah ow-ah" over and over! Here are a few pictures from our outside fun! Enjoy!
Here's Kaitlyn helping Daddy put together the new bike trailer:
Playing outside at the park...she kept pointing at the slide!
No comments:
Post a Comment