Thursday, May 14, 2009

We're Going on a Cruise!!!

That is my BIG NEWS! :o) Some of you know already, but Wayne called me on Mother's Day when I was visiting my mom and said he had a surprise for my birthday (which isn't until June)...I was like what?...he told me we're going on a cruise to Grand Cayman and I really thought he was just pulling my leg! But nope...we're going! He booked it and everything!! He found a great deal on the cruise and airfare...which is the only way we can afford to go! So we leave in the morning on June 11th (my b-day!!) to fly to Tampa and then we catch our boat that afternoon. We're at sea all night and all day the next day...then we arrive at the island Saturday morning and get to spend the whole day there...then it's back on the boat to return home...so a 4 night cruise! We are SOOOO excited! This will be the first real vacation with just the two of us since we were dating! We've been lucky to take lots of other vacations, but it's always with family or friends...so this will be sort of like our honeymoon! I'm pretty nervous about leaving Kaitlyn though...we have the logistics worked out somewhat already of who's watching her when...between Aunt Ruth, Grandma Maloch and our friend Kelly, all baby duty shifts are covered! See, it really does take a village to raise a child! Ha! I just hope she does ok while we're gone...she's normally fine when other people watch her, but who knows how she'll react when she won't see Mommy or Daddy for like 5 days! Ugh, hopefully she won't need years and years of therapy to correct that! So anyways...that's our big news!! We're super excited and now we're just working out all the details of what to take, instructions about Kaitlyn, etc. Lots to do!

In Kaitlyn news...she is so much fun right now! Last night I took her to Anderson's with me and she kept pointing out "nana" (bananas) and "papple" (apple) and lots of "balls" (all the other round fruits...lol)! Reading books at bedtime is starting to not be as relaxing anymore though...she used to just sit there and get all sleepy, but now she gets super excited to point out things that she knows the words for. We read the same book every night right before I put her down and every night she tells me "bubble!" and then "baby!" and then some crazy baby-babble for 'toothbrush'! So now I'm thinking maybe I should just read her the phone book or something without pictures to point at! Ha ha! Just kidding! And she now calls the fireplace and the oven "hot"...obviously, that's what we tell her so she won't touch it! Ha ha! Ooooh, I can't wait 'til she starts combining these words more and saying cute phrases! Anyways...not much planned for today or tomorrow...hopefully catching up on house work because this place is a wreck...as usual! :o)

No comments: