Thursday, May 21, 2009

Typical Toddler Things...

Hmm...this kiddo has finally stumped me...are the teenage years really worse than the toddler years? Yikes! Kaitlyn is soooo unpredictable now-a-days! Today she likes the swings at the park, tomorrow she doesn't...same for the slide, the swimming pool, the bike trailer, food...you name it...there is NO consistency with her anymore! She USED TO BE a very predictable baby...very laid back and easy going...then she learned to walk and talk and suddenly she's much more demanding! Who knew?! I can only hope it'll get easier as she talks and understand us more...right??? PLEASE??? Ok...mini-vent over! :o)
Let's see...she's saying a few more new words..."wawuh" (water)...she tries to say "slide" but it comes out in baby language...kind of like "oossss"...and she's trying to say Aunt Ruth too, but that one needs some work! It's funny because she's getting the first letter sound right usually, but she can't quite get the whole word out...so bike is "biie", etc. She is really trying to repeat a lot more now than even just a week or two ago. Still no more putting words together...hopefully soon though! She's also gotten into playing with her Mega Blocks more...Mommy builds her a base to work with and then she stacks and stacks! She does pretty well with that! Yesterday she kept "tasting" each block and then she'd stack it! Too funny! We've been spending a lot of time outside lately since it's been so nice out. Yesterday we tried putting her in the little swimming pool, but she pulled a toddler tantrum out and didn't want anything to do with it...maybe we'll try again tomorrow...she'll probably love it! Ha!

Well, I think I'm all set to go for Owens...ordered my books today online...I just hope they're here in time for class that starts next Wednesday! Wayne's been really busy with work too...by the end of the day we're both pooped! I'm interested to see how we manage to keep our house together once I start class next week...I have a feeling our house is going to be a wreck, we'll have no clean laundry and we won't have any food to eat! This will be interesting! We're looking forward to the weekend...although, since I work Saturday I still only get a 2 day weekend...but I get a make-up holiday in a week or so, so that'll be nice. Ok...that's about it for the update today!

Here's Kaitlyn playing with her purse...her legs look incredibly long to me here!


And playing with her Mega Blocks...she built MOST of that tower by herself!

No comments: