Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clingy Kaitlyn...

Yup...she has been one clingy little girl these last few days! On Saturday's she spends all day with Daddy while I work and do you know that in those 8 hours she gets so attached to him?! I get off work and miss her so much and just want to hold her and she keeps reaching for Daddy! :o( Yesterday afternoon she was pretty clingy to me...she didn't want to nap, even though she was so exhausted...finally, we took a nap on the couch together. Not sure if she's still teething or what. She's still been sleeping pretty well the last few nights though, so who knows...it's only during the day, she's a little clingy monster! Now I'm upstairs working and I can hear her fussing for Ruth to hold her all morning long! Hhhmmm....she sure keeps us guessing!

So our weekend was nice (minus the fussy/clingy baby). Saturday night we went over to Nicki's new place and had some fantasic Mexican food! YUM! Then played Guesstures (best game ever) which was really fun. It was getting late so I tried getting Kaitlyn to sleep there (BIG MISTAKE) among the chatting/game-playing...she finally fell asleep after many rounds of the ABC's, but then we decided to go home, so we ever so carefully put her coat on and took her out to the car, where she promptly woke up! DOH! So she was a tired-eyed zombie the whole way home...poor kiddo was so tired! We have got to quit staying out so late with her like that! Bad Mommy moment! Then I made my Taco Soup in the crockpot and let it cook all night long...woke up Sunday morning and it smelled so yummy in the house! MMM! It tasted pretty darn good too, if I say so myself! Yesterday Kaitlyn and I joined my coworker and her son for a play date. He is like 20 months old, so it was fun for Kaitlyn to get to play with an older baby. It amazes me how much she should learn in the next 6 months...he seemed more like a 3 year old to me because he does so much more than Kaitlyn! He really talked a lot he'd grab my hand and lead me to whatever he wanted to show me...very cute! Stay tuned for pics from the play date sometime this week! :o)

So, that's about it...nothing too exciting to report. Oh wait! I almost forgot! I hopped on a scale yesterday with Kaitlyn and it looks like she weighs 23 pounds!!!!!! That is nuts...I thought it was wrong so I actually weighed us 3 times and each times said 23-23.5 pounds! I thought she still seemed about 21 ish or so! Guess she is growing still! Anyways...this week we hope to just get some things done at home and relax a little bit...not much planned for this week yet! :o)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So how do you like urban? Is it as amazing as they say? :)