Friday, January 16, 2009

A Few New Things...

So...Kaitlyn has all the sudden become fascinated with trying to open the door...like the front door! Now she reaches up with both hands on the knob and tries to turn it, but I think it's too hard for her. She has also been trying to open the refrigerator door now too! And a couple days ago I had a paper plate of crackers setting on the counter and do you know what that little stinker did? She reach right up on the counter and pulled the plate down and crackers went flying everywhere! I guess her appetite is increasing! Ha! I think we're going to have to step up our child proofing efforts now! She's also been making some new sounds lately...she knows that she sheep goes "ba ba" and when we ask her what the cow says she goes "mmmmm"...not "Moo" so much...just "mmmm"! Kind of funny! She's become somewhat attached to this little stuffed doggy that she has...she's been carrying him around with her almost everywhere lately! I'm not sure if this is going to be her "lovey" or if she just likes to carry something while she walks now! For a few days she walked around with her plastic silverware from her kitchen and now it's this doggy...who knows! She's been playing by herself for longer periods of time lately too...she'll look at books or 'unload' her toy basket...sometimes she's quiet for a little too long and I get worried that she's into something she shouldn't be so I check on her and she's just sitting there playing! Phew! Last night Wayne and I were watching TV and she climbed up on the couch in between us and just sat there watching TV with us...totally content to sit still (very odd these days) and snuggle with us! So that was nice. Well, I think that's the update for now...tonight is a Wine & Cheese party without the baby!! Wooo, a grown up night out!! I want to put another video or two up for those of you far away so you can see this little monster...I mean Kaitlyn...in action! :o) Stay tuned for that!

No comments: