So...for those of you keeping score, that's two leaky diapers on Sunday and one leak on Monday! This 3rd one came in the car while we were on our way home from Grandma's. UGH...good thing Kaitlyn has a lot of clothes or I'd be doing laundry a lot more! Ha! Anyways, the rest of our trip was fun...she didn't sleep very well on Sunday night...she woke up crying around 3am and it's kind of hard to expect her to go back to sleep on her own when I'm right there sleeping in the same room! But I think part of the problem is that she's getting another tooth right now...plus being in a different place...but now that we're home she slept great again last night. Yay!
Anyways, yesterday we met Grandma for lunch at her job. Grandma was thrilled to show off the grandbaby to EVERYONE there! We ate lunch in their lunch room and Kaitlyn made a fantastic mess of cheerios, pears and cheese on the floor! One lady commented on how good she feeds herself (with her fingers I mean)...I'm thinking...lady, if you only knew how long it took her to get the hang of it! Ha! After lunch we visited more of Grandma's coworkers and Kaitlyn kept walking in and out of all the cubicles...she liked playing on the office chairs that spun around!
When we got home yesterday Kristal and Christian came over to play so that was fun! He is 8 months old now and crawling and into everything! He even tried climbing onto Kaitlyn...she just looked up at me like "What is this baby doing!?" Then he tipped over and landed in her lap! So they had fun playing and we enjoyed some pizza! I had also found one of Kaitlyn's toys from her birthday that we haven't played with in a while so I got that out for her. It's this little piggy bank toy that you put coins in the slot...sort of a shape sorter thing with different sizes, but they are all coins. Anyways, last time we played with it a couple weeks ago she couldn't really get the coins in the slot...maybe just every once in a while...well last night she was trying to get the coins in the slot using her left hand and she was close, but couldn't get it...so I gave her a coin in her right hand and she put it right in the piggy bank! She did like 5 or 6 coins right in a row! Wahoo! So does this mean she'll be right handed?? Both Wayne and I are, but I don't know if that matters or not! Anyways, I thought that was pretty good that she got the coins in the piggy! Now...if we can get her to eat using a spoon! Ha!
Oh...we also watched the Ohio State/Texas game last night...a good game, but what a crappy ending! I'm starting to wonder if Ohio State will EVER win another bowl game?! Well, all the holiday festivities and travel is now officially over...kind of sad, but also a relief...time to get back to normal!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go HORNS! (Yes I'm going to get flamed by Wayne I know!)
My husband and I (and all of our family) are right handed...but we somehow ended up with a lefty. So I don't think genes really matter - not completely anyway. We started seeing a preference toward the right hand when Kevin was around 1, but we weren't possitive he was a lefty until he was about 3. Eating with utensils is where it will really show itself.
Post a Comment