Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No More Excuses!

I am proud to say I officially exercised last night! WOOHOO! This was the first time I stepped into an actual gym in a good 2 years I'd say...OMG...did I just admit that?! I did just have a baby, you know, so I've been taking it easy, adjusting to this new way of life, etc...wait wait wait...she is 14 months old now...I guess it's time to drop that sorry excuse! It's not like I've been a couch potato the last couple years...I walked (and I mean FAST) a TON during my pregnancy...right up until she arrived...well, maybe not the last couple weeks, but close enough! And I walked a bunch last spring/summer/fall too...pushing a stroller is harder than I thought...and I even ran a couple times last summer...but definitely nothing consistent or really high intensity. And of course, we've played volleyball a bunch, but it's more recreational than power vball, so I don't really count that. Anyways...through my job we get a program that enables us to use a bunch of gyms across the country for free...yup, FREE! So last night I went to Urban Active to try it out. They are building a brand new one close to us in Maumee, but it doesn't have child care YET, so I went to the gym in Sylvania instead...a bit of a haul, but worth it so they could take care of Kaitlyn while I worked out. By the time I got the dime tour and checked Kaitlyn in, I didn't have too much time left to work out, so I just did the treadmill and stretched and that was it. But boy it felt good! I'm happy to report that my legs still know how to run! I did walk/run intervals for 3 miles and I wasn't too out of breath or anything! The endorphins definitely were pumping and it felt so good! Aahhh...I still may be on my exercise-high! Ha ha! Anyways...not sure what kind of routine I can make this into...I'd be happy with getting to the gym twice a week (once the closer one opens) and then vball on Thursday's...we shall see! Anyone else belong to Urban Active??

Not much new lately with Kaitlyn. She's still been a little fussy/clingy mini-monster, so not sure what's up with that. It's not awful, but she's just kind of whiney...teething or something...?? I kind of think she may be on the verge of a language explosion soon...she's really babbling a ton and is starting to try to repeat what we say to her more often. She's been saying 'keys' (as in car keys) a lot more, but it's not as clear as her other words yet. And she's been doing this weird baby babble...it's hysterical...I'm not even sure how to type it out...hmm...doob-eh-doob-eh-dahb-eh-doob-eh...lol, I'm sure that doesn't make any sense at all...but she'll carry on like that for several minutes and I'll just laugh because it's so cute! Anyways...I think that's the update for now...sorry it wasn't more exciting!

No comments: