Friday, January 23, 2009

Lucky # 7

We have another tooth folks...lucky # 7...not sure how 'lucky' we are to have another tooth since she's been a little monster lately, but anyways! She's been pretty clingy and some what fussy with this one...her last new tooth we didn't even know she was teething until I saw it one day! Maybe the top teeth hurt more than the bottom? Who knows! Not much going on...just some cute little tidbits to report I guess! Kaitlyn's discovered that it's fun to watch herself blow raspberries in the mirror! She has a little toy mirror I let her hold when I'm changing her jammies, etc. and the last few nights she holds it right up to her face and goes "ppbbsssttt" and then cracks up laughing at herself! Now we have a little mirror covered in spit speckles! She also has a new word/phrase...sort of...I think it's still in the works...but the other day she finished drinking from her cup, set the cup down, faced her palms up, shrugged her shouders and said "ah duhn"...which I'm pretty sure is "all done"...but it was not as clear as her other words have been. At any rate, it was super cute the way she shrugged her shoulders and said it! She's also been chasing poor Pumpkin, the cat, around more lately! And yesterday she ran Autumn, the yellow lab, over with her Powerwheels! She doesn't get to ride it very often, but we were bored yesterday and needed some good entertainment! Ha ha! Yesterday Kaitlyn got a special treat because Aunt Ruth couldn't babysit...she went to work with Daddy! He was doing some work on one of his investor's houses so they watched her at their house...they have 3 kids I guess and they even commented that Kaitlyn was very smart for her age!! The woman even got Kaitlyn to repeat "A B C"...too bad I wasn't there to see it! Anyways, it's always nice to hear that we're raising a good little girl! :o) She's been learning a couple more body parts recently too...now she knows her ears, fingers, toes, knees and sometimes knows her belly, but not always. We keep singing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" to her and she always holds her toes and points to her knees!

I'm thinking about taking a Mommy/Baby swim class with her in another month or so. That would be really fun I think...just trying to figure the logistics out right now though because it's across town in the evenings so we have to adjust dinner time, etc. This weekend I am going to use my crockpot!! I have been lazy about cooking far too long so I'm going to try this Taco Soup recipe that I got from some of my "mom friends"...hopefully, it'll turn out yummy! Oh...and those much anticipated videos I keep promising???? Yeah...I've tried and tried to upload some here, but Blogger STINKS and it keeps giving me an 'error' message and then deletes my entire post! URGH! I'm beginning to wonder if we need to up our internet connection or something again...oh joy...an even higher cable bill! So...no videos for now...but there are new pics on Shutterfly! Happy Friday! :o)

No comments: