So I was thinking of changing the name of our blog to "The Kaitlyn Play by Play"...it seems that this blog is almost entirely about her, so shouldn't the name reflect that?! Ha! So here's the latest play by play action! Last night I let her try using the spoon again...yes, I know this should be like a daily thing, but it's so much cleaner & easier if I feed her myself! Anyways, she's getting a little better at it...her aim is pretty good to her mouth...most of the food makes it in, unless she tips the spoon over...but she's not missing and putting the spoon up her nose or anything like that. And she's getting better at getting food on the spoon from the bowl...she sort of scoops it now...the trouble though is that once the spoon is in her mouth she wants to keep sucking and chewing on it...even after the food is all gone! Part of that, I think, is because she's cutting another tooth now, but I kind of have to pry the empty spoon from her mouth and point to the bowl again so she gets more food on it! So, after dinner she surprised me a little bit! I was taking her clothes off to put her jammies on and I had pulled her arms out of her sleeves (which she helps with now...I hold her shirt and she pulls her arms out) so her shirt was just hanging around her neck...next thing I know, Kaitlyn takes her shirt off over her head, all by herself! It just really surprised me that she did it! She pulls her hats off pretty easily so I'm not sure why this surprised me so much, but it did! So now I'm really thinking...ding ding ding, hello potty training! Ha ha ha! If she can take her shirt off, I might as well teach her to pull her pants off too...which will make for much easier potty training later on! But then I wonder if she's going to be one of those little kids who likes to run around naked all the time! Ha! Anyways...this morning I took a little break from work and she was so into her books she didn't even care I was in the room. She said "Doggy" while pointing at a dog in one of her books, but I'm not yet convinced she actually KNOWS "Doggy". She's really been pointing at EVERYTHING lately saying "Bah?" which apparently is her way of saying "What's that?" So now we're playing the name game with everything. It seems like just in the last week or so she's really starting to learn a lot of stuff! I bet I say that every month, but I swear it's true!
Ok, enough of the Kaitlyn Play by Play update! In case you've forgotten, she does have parents you know...Wayne and Lori! Ha ha! We haven't been up to much...just getting back to the normal routine since the holidays. Tonight we have some errands to run and may go out to dinner at Red Lobster (Hooray for gift cards from Christmas!). I've been wanting to check out this health club (Urban Active) that they are building in Maumee, but haven't had the time to get there yet. Hopefully this week! My job provides us with free memberships to certain gyms and that is one of them so I'm eager to check it out. I seriously need to get back to doing some exercise...I can't very well blame it on "I just had a baby" now that she's 13.5 months old! Ha ha ha! And volleyball starts back up this week so I think we'll go play tomorrow...yay!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kevin wouldn't even try to pull his shirt (or any other clothes for that matter - except maybe socks) off until he was well over two. Way to go Kaitlyn!
Post a Comment