Here we are...we made it to Dayton A-ok! Kaitlyn has been such a good little girl the whole time! Phew! She played happily in the car and then slept the rest of the time. We met all the family at my Grandpa's and had a great time watching all the little girls play! There were a total of 7 little girls and Kaitlyn had a ball! The older girls were trying to play that Mouse Trap board game (it has like a hundred little pieces) and Kaitlyn kept trying to walk across the middle of it! And boy, does Grandpa's house have lots of breakables to look out for! Kaitlyn wanted to touch everything and I think "No" was starting to lose it's meaning! Ha! But we made it and didn't break anything! We didn't get home (well, temporary weekend home) 'til like 10pm and Kaitlyn was zonked! She went right to bed in the pack n play...borrowed from my cousin Mindy (big thanks!!) because I forgot to bring ours! DUH...how could I forget her bed?! I'm blaming that on Mommy-Brain!
Today we shopped 'til we dropped (of course) and had a blast. We went back to Kohl's to get some more good deals on clothes for Kaitlyn and then ate lunch at Mimi's Cafe...yum! There was a 14 month old little boy sitting at the table next to us and him and Kaitlyn kept looking at each other...it was very cute! Then we headed to Stride Rite to get Kaitlyn measured for real walking shoes...she's a 4.5 but they said to get a 1/2 size too big so she has a little room to grow, so 5 it is! I wanted this cute pair there at the store, but they were still 30 bucks on clearance! So I resisted and instead found a really nice pair for her at Marshall's for 10 bucks...much better! And I found a couple cute things for her at OUAC too! Hooray for deals! We also ran into Target for a few items...that's where I discovered Leak #1 of the day...her jeans were soaked! UGH! Good thing I had a back-up outfit in the diaper bag! This is just nuts...she keeps holding her pee all morning and when I change her before lunch she hasn't yet pee'd out breakfast! So then after lunch she naps for 90 minutes or so and then wakes up soaked! Time for a bigger size diaper I suppose! Anyways, after Target we headed to Marion's Pizza (YUMMY!) to meet a few more little cousins...more girls! Kaitlyn did a great job providing the entertainment and the food was delish too! Then we went home and that's when I discovered Leak #2 of the day! Geesh, give me a break! Another soaked diaper and pants! Usually I am an over-packer, but this trip I will actually use each and every outfit I packed for her! Ha!
Tomorrow we're meeting Grandma for lunch at her work and then heading back to T-town. And I think Kristal and Christian are coming over to play too! What a busy busy weekend!! When will I do all my laundry?! Well, stay tuned for new pictures on Shutterfly soon! Happy Weekend! :o)
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment