Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kaitlyn Deleted Yesterday's Post! DOH!

So...I sat down yesterday and wrote this nice, long post about the weekend...Kaitlyn was getting a little fussy, so I put her in my lap while I finished...I had like one more sentence to write and then WHACK...BAM...NOTHING! Oh poo! I have no idea what she did, but my post got deleted! UGH! So, let's try this again...I don't have her on my lap today! :o)

Sunday was church as usual, then lunch at Olive Garden (YUM) and then Danielle's (our niece) 9th birthday party. This was the first "big kid" party Kaitlyn had been too...she couldn't really play with the toys there or anything, so instead we chased her around their house. Boy, it's a little hard having a toddler at a house that ISN'T babyproofed! She finds everything that she shouldn't! Monday we were off to another play date with some of my mommy friends...always a good time. Kaitlyn also tried out her new crayons and made quite the masterpiece (No, I'm not at all partial to our daughter!). She kept trying to hold the actual crayon part though, not the handle part, so that made for a tough coloring session! And she kept launching the crayons from her high chair, so they'd bust into pieces all over the floor...not good! But she enjoyed it and looked so focused when coloring...so cute! Tuesday I also had off work because Aunt Ruth couldn't babysit, so Kaitlyn and I headed to the mall, just to walk around and get out of the house. Well, you know they have all sorts of vendors/sales people trying to sell you junk that you don't need? Well, the "hair straightener people" practically tackled me to ask if I wanted my hair straightened! HELLO?!?!?! I have STICK STRAIGHT hair already! DUH! So that was interesting! Then we headed to BRU to get some diapers...they had a coupon if you bought 2 boxes you got a $10 gift card...so now I have a zillion (well, 404 to be exact) Pampers diapers! I think we'll be set for a while now! Anyways, then last night we got a sitter so we could go play volleyball again...always a fun time! And, thankfully, Kaitlyn went right to sleep for her...phew! So, there's the update for the last few days...

Let's see...not a ton new with Kaitlyn actually...she seems to be picking words up pretty quickly now though. She says doggie pretty well and is now saying "Kitty" too...but it comes out more like "Ditty"...but we know it's kitty because she always calls the cat "ditty"...and she has this book with just dogs and cats in it and she points at them going "doggie" or "ditty"...usually she's correct, but sometimes she calls a cat a dog...darn those little runt looking dogs! Ha ha! OH!! There are some new pics on the shutterfly site too! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those hair straightener people are PSYCHOTIC!! They straightened half my hair one time and curled the other half and wouldn't make them match unless I agreed to buy one....thank goodness for ponytail holders!! Course, that never would have happened if SOMEONE *cough*Kelly*cough* hadn't of volunteered me in the first place, lol....