Friday, January 2, 2009

An Eventful Week!

Ok, I'll catch you all up as quickly as possible!

Tuesday~ We made it to the lights at the Zoo! It was a little cold, but we were all bundled up pretty well. Kaitlyn kept pulling her mittens off though, so we'd put 'em back on...and she'd pull 'em right off again! We kept going into the buildings to warm up and we stopped for a snack break in the snake building. I didn't think we'd be in there long, so I didn't take Kaitlyn's coat off. Well, she's trying to eat her snacks and her mittens kept getting in the way...since they are attached to her coat sleeves! So she'd try to drop her mitten onto the floor, she'd look to see where it landed and of course, it was still attached to her coat! Then she started waving her arms around trying to get rid of the hanging mittens! It was so funny!

New Year's Eve~ We went to a party at Gavin's house! There were a few other couples there with kids, so it was nice to be at a baby-friendly party! We had a great time watching the kids play and the food was delish! Kaitlyn was like the Energizer bunny...she just kept going and going and outlasted all the other kiddo's that were there! She finally crashed around 9:30 I think it was...and crash she did! I changed her diaper on the sofa in the room where she was going to sleep...she climbed down off the couch, which she is pretty good at usually, but it was a wood (equals slippery) floor and she slipped because of having her jammies on and fell on her tush! WWAAAHHHH! She screamed and I'm thinking "Great, all the other babies are going to wake up!" but they didn't, which was a huge relief! So, that didn't help get her to bed, but I got her settled down and she went to sleep there fairly easily after that mini-fiasco! We all had a great time chatting, playing silly games, drinking a little too much and ringing in the new year! We got home and Kaitlyn was wide awake (lovely) and didn't go back to sleep 'til about 3am...and was up at her usual time around 8:30am! So, we didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but it was really fun!

New Year's Day~ We all just hung out in our jammies in the morning. Wayne watched Kaitlyn so I could have some "alone" shopping time and boy, was that nice!! I went to Kohl's to spend my gift card from Christmas and I got a ton of good deals! A pair of jeans and a shirt for me, 3 picture frames for Kaitlyn's pictures (We are awful at actually putting her pics in frames and getting them hung up!) and a bunch of clothes for Kaitlyn too! I got her 4 long sleeved layered shirts for $2.80 each and then another long sleeve sweatshirt jacket for like $5.00!! The best part is that they had a TON of stuff, like 6 racks all of toddler girls clothes, so I'm sure they'll mark it down even more!! So, I think she's pretty well set for 2T clothes and now I'm putting a dent in 3T stuff! I was thinking that the 3T stuff looks sooo big! Hard to imagine Kaitlyn being that big!

New "Tricks"~ Last night Kaitlyn and I were rolling her ball back and fourth and she picked it up and said "Baw baw baw" over and over! So I think we have a new word! She'd pick that ball up and she just looked so proud and she'd go "Baw!" Very cute! And I think she also figured out that the phone goes to her ear now. She always plays with our cell phones because they light up and make beeping noises, but she never put them to her ear because they were more fascinating to look at. Well, her kitchen came with a toy phone (it doesn't light up or anything) and I'll go "Ring ring, Hello" and she'll put it to her ear! Very cute! She's also doing a lot more walking and less crawling over the last few days. Perhaps being around her buddy Gavin helped her to realize how much more fun walking is! We're going to my Mom's this weekend and a lot of my other cousins are going to be in town too, so it'll be fun to catch up with everyone and see all the kiddo's...GIRLS actually! Two of my cousins each have 3 girls...that's 6 girls plus Kaitlyn...she will love it!

No comments: