What a crazy past few days! Wayne and I (and a bunch of other people) worked like crazy on the investment house this weekend. I even took Saturday off to work over there all day long...I think I was there from like 9am-4pm, drove home to feed Kaitlyn and put her to bed and then I went back to the house for a few more hours that night! Then we woke up early Sunday, I dropped Kaitlyn off at Grandma Brennan's and we were at the house all day again for the open house. UGH! Wayne and I were both super exhausted after all that. I convinced him to take Monday off work so we could have a "family day" together! I missed him and I know he missed Kaitlyn because he hardly saw her last week. So, yesterday we just ran some errands together and did some things around the house...cleaning, yardwork, etc. It was gorgious out this weekend, but yesterday was so windy! Kaitlyn actually fell down walking backwards...party because she lost her balance, but I think it was the wind that really did her in! Ha! We still played outside a lot though...she still likes riding in her little pink car (like last summer) but she LOVES climbing in and out and pushing it from behind now too. Kaitlyn and I also met up with a friend I work with to walk at the park last night. So we had a fun outside day!
So today I'm not working because I lost my voice! UGH...I get this same thing like 2 or 3 times a year and it sure makes my job impossible when I can't talk! Anyways, I got Kaitlyn this little hammer toy...you know, the block with the pegs in it that you hammer through to the other side? Well, I thought since she's going through this little hitting phase that maybe we can teach her what is and is not ok to hit...so today she plays with it for a few minutes, then goes to play with her kitchen. Next thing I know she's hitting the TV with a play spoon! DOH! She also colored today (we don't do this often because I always forget) which was fun. She's getting the hang of scribbling more and more but she still likes to taste the crayons...she knows she's not supposed to though, so at least we're making progress! Anyways, she put the crayon in her mouth, bit down and then went "pppbbbsssttt" like it tasted awful or something! Maybe now she'll get it that crayons go on paper, not in her mouth! Ha! Well, I think that's about it...here are a few pictures!
Kaitlyn pushing her little pink car!
Kaitlyn showing me a "ow-uh" (flower)! Oh and her hair wasn't that messy...it was blowing in the wind! :o)

Here she is helping me do laundry...she puts it in and takes it out...my little M.I.T. (Mommy in Training) ha ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment