Kaitlyn is really surprising me lately with all these words! She's started pointing out more things in books and either telling us what they are or asking us "dat?" so we can tell her the name of whatever she doesn't know. Yesterday it dawned on me that Aunt Ruth points out different objects in books than I do...for example, Kaitlyn pointed at this one picture and was like "donuh" (donut)...I'm like "WHAT?! When did you learn how to say that?!" Geesh! She also discovered how fun it is to try to talk with your tongue going in and out of your mouth! Ha ha...I can't even explain it...but she makes some kinda of "lud uh lud uh" sound. Too funny! She also talked on the phone for the first time to Grandma Maloch today. She kept pointing at the phone saying "mamaw"...and I got her to "POP" goes the weasel into the phone too! I think Grandma's heart melted right then and there! :o)
The last couple days I've been trying to get her to play with blocks more. That seems to be the only area where she's 'behind' on 'the charts'...not that I'm worried, because she's great with her hands (utensils, shape sorters, etc)...but still! She can stack 2 blocks...that's it...I don't think it's that she can't stack blocks...she doesn't really even try to stack them...it's that she just doesn't seem interested in blocks! So who knows. She is making progress with her shape sorter though, which is fun. I think she tries to say "circle" but it doesn't come out sounding like circle at all...just the same random sound. And sometimes she gets frustrated if she can't get the shape in the correct hole and she throws it across the room...only to go get it and try again! Ha ha! She's also becoming quite the little climber...we can't keep her off the dishwasher door (when it's open) and she keeps getting up on this wicker bench that we have...yesterday she even opened it and climb inside it! Where was I with the camera? Working! Darn! Oh and she climbs up on her high chair now too! Yikes!
Today she was a molar monster baby again...and I mean monster! She fussed, whined and cried for about 90 minutes straight I'd say. I was working so poor Aunt Ruth had to handle her most of the time. I took a break from work to try to get her calmed down, but she was really upset...then she'd start the water works again as soon as I'd try to put her down. Poor kiddo...I think she's either STILL working on the same molar or maybe working on ANOTHER molar...at any rate, I'd wish those dang molars would hurry it the heck up and come in already! At least they aren't bothering her at night time...yet...knock on wood.
Ok, enough of my rambling! I swear, I think of all the cute things she does throughout the day and then come blog-time I can't remember anything! Ha!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment