Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yesterday I Was "THAT MOM"...

Oh boy! What a day yesterday was! First, I headed to my doctor to get some blood work drawn again (thyroid stuff...more on that later this week hopefully). I had Kaitlyn with me, so we just closed to door to the lab, hoping that'd contain her in the room with us...well, she opened the door, I shut the door, she opened it, I shut it...finally we had to put a chair in front of the door so she couldn't get to the handle...that contained her long enough for the nurse to draw my blood! Then we were off to the P'burg library to meet up with some other Mom's and their little boys. Kaitlyn wanted nothing to do with the play area there...she just kept walking around the library, climbing up on all the chairs there...we're in a climbing phase right now too (at home all she wants to do is walk up and down the stairs). Anyways, every time I'd try to coral her back to the play area with the other kids, she'd throw a fit...even a few full-blown tantrums...ugh! So, I was "THAT MOM" with the screaming, kicking kid that everyone was staring at (or at least it felt like they were)! So that was new...Kaitlyn's never thrown tantrums like that, let alone out in public...I don't like that at all! Finally, I just decided to call it a day and we left after like 45 minutes. What do ya do? Do you let her throw her tantrum? Do you ignore it? Do you punish her? Time out?? UGH! Why don't these kids come with a manual?!

So, after that fiasco, it was lunch and then a super long nap (HALLELUJAH!)...she woke up after like 40 minutes and I was like "Oh, no you don't! Mommy needs a longer break than 40 minutes!" So I spent 15 minutes getting her back to sleep (on me) and then she was out another almost 2 hours! That was by far the longest nap she's ever taken...and she (and I) needed it badly! Ha! It feels like her molar has finally broken through...part of it, anyways, so I'm sure that contributed to the 'not so lovely' behavior too. The weird thing is that it's not affecting her sleep at night time (YET).

Anyways...on a positive note...she's finally calling her piggy "pig pig" now instead of "baby"! Any animal/person that she doesn't have a word for yet is "baby" until she learns the real word...so she had been calling her piggy "baby" for a while, but now it's a "pig pig"...same for teddy bears, they are "baby" too! Ha! Well, I think that's the update for today! :o)

No comments: