Thursday, April 9, 2009

Opening Doors...

Let's see...I know there was a bunch I wanted to write about...but once I sit down to blog, I never remember it all! Kaitlyn's been cute, as usual, lately! She's really starting to learn and repeat words like crazy now. I've been keeping track of what word she said when, but now it's starting to get harder because she may only repeat a word once or twice, but not use it regularily, like most of her other words. Some of her newer words are "oow-ah" (flower - which is funny because she opens her mouth SO WIDE when she says it) and "teeth", which she now says after we put her jammies on because she knows we brush her teeth next before going to bed! In the car the other day, she also noticed that her Doggie was missing (he usually stays in the car for her to play with, but he fell out and needed wiped off)...anyways, she kept calling for it..."doggie doggie?" It was cute. And yesterday Aunt Ruth was counting to 20 and Kaitlyn repeated "fi-teen" and "si-teen"! So now she tries to count along with us! Very cool! Mommy & Daddy REALLY need to work on watching their language!

She's trying to be more of a little helper too...she's getting better at throwing "dirty" away and she'll now help me move the laundry from the washer into the dryer! Of course, it's only when SHE decides she wants to help...she doesn't do it on command! She is definitely testing her limits with us too...more temper tantrums, swatting us, etc...oh boy...what happened to my little angel baby?! :o) I think we were spoiled early on by how 'easy' of a baby she was...now she's testing our abilities! He he! OH! And today she turned the handle and opened the door to the bathroom when I was in there! So much for privacy, right?! So, time to get the door knob cover thingys!

Well, I think that's about it...I'm so ready for this weekend! I have Saturday off work and Grandma is coming up tomorrow evening. I'm getting a hair cut Saturday AM and then we'll probably do some shopping! And then we're having Easter dinner at our place! I can't wait to see Kaitlyn all dolled up in her dress! :o)

No comments: