Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Hope everyone had a great Easter!! Ours was wonderful! We went to early church this morning, hoping to avoid the masses...last Christmas it was so packed that we had to sit in overflow seating...not as fun! The service was amazing...that's one thing I really like about Cedar Creek...they really "do up" the holiday services...our friend was there doing a painting, which was awesome...hard to explain, but it was very moving. Anyways, after church we rushed home to start cooking and then we gave Kaitlyn her Easter baskets...she LOVED it! Wayne and I dyed a few eggs last night, just so we'd have some to put in her basket...so she takes those out and bangs them together! Good thing they were hard-boiled, but still! Then she put one in her mouth and tried to bite it...that's when I noticed the red food coloring bleeding onto her mouth! So, we promptly removed the rest of those...she did great taking apart and putting the plastic eggs back together though. I stuffed some new pretty socks in them for her! And she got an Elmo book, a little Elmo ball thingy, new crayons, silverware, a snack bowl, etc. Grandma Maloch also brought up a basket for her with lots of sippy cups and more silverware!! This girl is gonna be a pro with silverware soon! Ha ha! She also got some super cute bunny ears to wear...they looked adorable, but she wasn't sure about keeping them on all the time. Anyways, after all that excitement, she was ready for an early nap...what a relief because Daddy had scheduled Easter dinner for during her usual nap time! Dinner was great...good food and good company. Wayne's Mom and step-dad came over, along with his bro Chris and his family. Kaitlyn loved having all eyes on her most of the day...she really "hammed" it up today...ha ha! After dinner we headed over to Chris' house (Daddy fertilized our yard yesterday...doh!) to hunt for Easter eggs. I wasn't sure if Kaitlyn would "get it" or not, but she knew exactly what to do right away! YAY!! It was funny because I could see her thinking that she wanted to gather up all the eggs and hold them, but there were too many, so then she figured she'd better put some in her basket so she could pick up more! It was too cute! Anyways, we had a really fun day!

The rest of our weekend was nice too. Having Saturday off was great...I got my hair trimmed and then me, Kaitlyn and my mom went to visit one of her long time friends. That wore me out though...chasing her around a non-baby-proofed home is hard work! Then we had a nice lunch out and did some shopping...a very fun weekend!

Let's see...what else...Kaitlyn was pretty good this weekend...behavior-wise, I mean. She is STILL working on a molar...how long do these molars take to come in?! Geez! At least she's not too grumpy about it and it's not disrupting her sleep (dare I say that?). She let Grandma hear a few "mam-aw's" this weekend, so that was exciting! She also says "hop hop" for the bunny now. Well, I think that's about it...I put a bunch of pictures on Shutterfly...check 'em out...here's a little taste! Enjoy!
Check out the bunny ears!

No comments: