Thursday, April 16, 2009

POP Goes the Weasel!

Ok...not much to write about today, but this is cute so I have to share! Kaitlyn's latest thing is running around saying "Pop!!" at the top of her lungs...and then we say "Goes the weasel!" She LOVES this game! I somehow have to get it on video because the way she says "POP!!" is so stinking cute...she screaches it at the top of her lungs!

She's also learned the word "NO!" and how to use it...fun times are ahead folks! Ha! The other night I asked her "Can you use your fork instead of your fingers?" and she told me "NO!"...then later I asked her "Can you eat a little more?" and she said "NO!"...oh boy...life is about to get very interesting! I guess it's time to quit asking yes/no questions, huh?

She's also starting to get a bit more into climbing...she's learning to move different objects over to things so she can stand on them to reach whatever it is that she wants...last night she stood on her ladybug shape toy to reach a certain teddy bear in her room...it seems nothing is out of reach for her these days! She's also getting pretty good at walking up the stairs...she needs a hand to hold onto for balance, but she even alternates steps like big people do!

Yesterday we were singing the ABC song in the car and she sings right along with me...of course, she doesn't repeat all the correct letters, but she does say a few of them (mainly B, C and D)...the cutest part though is that the tone (maybe that's called inflection??) of her voice matches mine as we sing the song! And she still tries to count with us too...again, she's not repeating the correct numbers, but I'll say a number and then she'll make a similar sound in the same tone of voice and with the same number of syllables! She cracks me up!

Well, I think that's about it...just some funny tidbits today! We're going to get outside as much as we can...it's so nice out!

No comments: