Friday, April 18, 2008
CEREAL...Mmmm!!!
Ok, I know I already posted today, but I'm so happy to announce that Kaitlyn ate CEREAL and LIKED IT today!!! :o) How exciting is that?! I set everything I'd need on the table, prepared her bottle and first little bowl of cereal and set up her high chair for the first time. We were ready! Kaitlyn was nice and hungry, but not screaming-starving, so it was perfect timing! The only downside was that Daddy wasn't home from work yet, so he missed it. We sure could have used the extra hand to take pictures! Anyways...all day long today she's been fascinated with going "bbrrrrrst" with her lips...her latest thing...blowing spit bubbles with her little lips...Aunt Ruth said she was doing it all day long today...great...so I fully expected her first few bites of cereal to come shooting back at me! But, they didn't!! She took her first bite (well, I actually dribbled it into her mouth, more or less) and most of it stayed in her mouth! Wahoo!! SUCCESS! Her second bite went pretty well too...somewhere around the fourth or fifth bite she coughed and a little cereal landed on my forehead! Ha ha!! But, it was just like a drop or two, so no big deal...I thought I'd be covered in cereal by the time we were done! Anyways, she didn't make any funny faces (like I thought she would) so the cereal must have tasted pretty good to her! I tasted it...YUCK! But as long as Kaitlyn likes it, we're golden! We went slowly at first, but then she was grabbing at the spoon and asking for more in no time. There was a point where I couldn't get the spoon to her mouth fast enough (hungry hungry hippo!). Have you ever tried that carnival game where you have to throw the football through the tire?? Now imagine that the tire is a moving target and you still have to get the football through it...kind of the same as feeding a little baby! Who knew she would wiggle around and grab at the spoon and get so excited for food?! I know she'll eventually be feeding herself (what a MESS that's going to be!) someday, but for now she just whacks at the spoon like it's one of her toys and then all the cereal falls off it! Needless to say, we used quite a few paper towels today...I think maybe we ought to buy stock in Bounty! She ended up eating almost the entire amount of cereal (1 Tbsp of cereal mixed with 4 Tbsp of formula), so I thought maybe she'd take just 1/2 of her bottle (that'd be 4 oz)...oh no...not our little piggy...she proceeded to chug the entire 8 oz bottle, as if she hadn't eaten yet! Geesh! All in all, her first cereal feeding went great!! My little girl is all grown up...eating off a spoon, sitting at the 'big girl' table! He he! Enjoy the new pictures on the shutterfly site...there's something so cute about babies covered in food! :o)