Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun Visit with Grandma!

What a fun weekend we had! Friday afternoon Wayne, Kaitlyn and I went for a walk around our neighborhood because the weather was beautiful...Kaitlyn got to wear some of her cute summer outfits that day! I was so happy because I thought she'd outgrow at least some of them before she got to wear them! Then it was rush rush rush to clean up before Grandma Maloch and Aunt Barbara came to visit from Dayton. They were going to be late (around 9:30pm or so), so I was trying my best to keep Kaitlyn awake until they got there! I was relieve when they finally pulled up and Kaitlyn was still a little bit awake, eating her last bottle! Phew! So, Kaitlyn went to bed and the rest of had stayed up late chatting.

Saturday we had picnic at the park with some of Wayne's family (Grandpa Wagner, Aunt Ruth and her family and Uncle Charles), my Mom and Aunt and Kelly and Micah came too! It was fun! Kaitlyn took a nice nap in her stroller outside...nothing more relaxing than a nap in the wilderness! We even got to take a little hike around the park! It was a beautiful day (a little chilly, but not too bad) and we were all worn out by the time we got home. I rushed to feed Kaitlyn dinner (she was turning into hungry monster!) and then Wayne and I were off to our date while Grandma and Aunt Barb watched Kaitlyn! Hooray, a date, just the two of us!! We went bowling and we were the only couple in the alley...everyone else was in a group...it was nice to have some couple time! There was a family there with a young baby (maybe 10 months or so) and she was crawling around on the floor...yes, of the bowling alley! Is that sick or what!?!? Ick, think of all the nastyness on that floor! Anyways, on our way home we stopped for ice cream...yum! We returned home just as Grandma was putting Kaitlyn to bed (no one has put her to bed besides mommy...and daddy a couple times...so I was nervous that she wouldn't sleep for Grandma, but she did...phew!). It was a nice break, but I missed putting her to bed myself! There is just something so sweet about watching a baby fall asleep in your arms! Anyways, we are so thankful for our night out though!!

Sunday was lots more fun too! All the girls went to Fallen Timbers to shop...well, first we went to JCPenny and then to Bob Evans for lunch. We met my mom's friend there and she had her little boy with her...he is 2 years old and it made me think about what Kaitlyn will be like in a couple more years! I can't even imagine her getting to eat real food off the kids menu, instead of a bottle, and being able to color with crayons, etc! How fun!! Anyways, I changed Kaitlyn at the restaurant (ick, public changing tables!) and when I got done I totally could not get the stupid changing table to fold back up in the restroom! I was holding Kaitlyn, had the diaper bag over my shoulder and with my free had was trying to get the thing to stay closed, but it kept falling open! Oh well, finally I just left it and went on my way! Ha ha! So, I fed Kaitlyn at the table and she did fine...lately she's been taking her time eating though because she's so into watching what everyone else is doing. So, it took her like 45 minutes to get through 8 oz of milk! Geesh! Then i wolfed down my salad and it was time to go already! Rush rush rush! So, back to Fallen Timbers we go to do the rest of our shopping...thank goodness Kaitlyn took a nice hour long nap in her stroller while we were in Dillards (we were there a long time!). So, we're finally ready to leave Dillards to move onto the rest of the mall and then I hear grunting! Uh oh, we know what that means! So, back in the elevator we go to head back upstairs to where the bathrooms are (why there is only 1 bathroom in the whole store is beyond me!)...of course, there are about 12 people in the elevator with us...I am praying no one can smell Kaitlyn's poopy diaper! One lady looks down at her and was cooing at her and all the sudden Kaitlyn just screams! Oh no! Now I'm the mom with the poopy screaming kid in the elevator! Eeeek! Anyways, I finally get to the restroom, get her diaper changed and we're finally good to go to the rest of the mall! I am happy to report that I found some awesome deals too! I think I spent a grand total of about $30 and got: 3 packages of socks for Kaitlyn, new sunglasses and 3 tops for me! Hooray for bargains! Any who...back home we go, Grandma and Aunt Barb went back home and Wayne and I just relaxed and cleaned up last night. Kaitlyn was in bed by 9pm (wahoo!) and woke up around 8am this morning!

Well, sorry that was sooo long! It was such a fun weekend though! Oh yeah, and Kaitlyn also tried Oatmeal cereal yesterday for the first time! She seemed to like it, maybe even more than the rice cereal! She is getting better with taking it off the spoon too...it's a little less messy than it was a week ago! :o)