Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New Playmate for Kaitlyn!!

What a day yesterday was! First, I actually had to go into work for the day because of our health screenings. I missed Kaitlyn so much throughout the day! It's hard not being able to see her every now and then like I do when I'm working from home. Anyways, when I got to work I learned that one of my friends had her baby that morning...finally! Hooray! Welcome to little Christian Barham! I went to visit them in the hospital after work and what a little cutie he is! He's so small...6 lbs 11 oz...a whole pound lighter than Kaitlyn! I held him and he felt like a feather compared to our big girl! So, that was sweet...I have quickly forgotten how tiny babies are at first...Kaitlyn really has grown so much in the last 5 months! When I got home, I picked her up and it was like she was so resilient and strong! Anyways, this morning I was playing with Kaitlyn and had her on her tummy and back (she still doesn't seem interested in rolling over anymore!) and sitting and standing...then I got an idea to put pillows around her and see what happens when I let go of her while sitting! Well, I let go and she kept on sitting there! Yup, for like 10 seconds or something! It was long enough for me to get 4 pictures in a row of her sitting before she finally tipped over! So, we kept on practicing sitting this morning and she was doing really well! I was hoping by the time we go to my Dad's (over Memorial Day) that she'd be sitting on her own and I think she may be by then!! Yay! I put a few pics of her on the shutterfly website. Well, that's about it for today!