Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Doggies!

So, I am predicting that Kaitlyn's first word will not be "Ma-ma" or "Da-da" or "ba-ba"...it's going to be "Doggie"! She looooooovvves her doggies! All they have to do is look at her or come up to her and she is a ball of giggles! It is so funny how excited she gets about the dogs! And she likes the cat too...she likes to pet him more than the dogs...but the dogs must be funnier to look at. Kaitlyn has really been cuddling on us lately too. She keeps putting her head against our faces or chests and just tries to get as close to you as she can! I hope this is not the first sign of separation anxiety though! But I don't think so, because she seems to want to cuddle with anyone, not just Mommy or Daddy. But it's wonderful...it's like she's finally able to show affection and give us a little hug back!!! YAY! I've been trying to lay her down at night time a little more awake than I have been and that seems to be going pretty well too...phew! I was rocking her for about 10 minutes or so, but am trying to cut that to just 3 minutes or so and then just lay her down...so far, so good. But she's pretty sleepy by then, so I think she's too tired to fight it at that point! Her naps have been another story lately though! She was getting a couple of pretty long naps in until the last month or so...now it's like she doesn't want to miss anything, so she tries to stay awake all day long! Sometimes she's only napping twice for 30-45 minutes during the day! That is crazy for a little baby! So, we're trying to get that figured out now...trying to have a short morning nap, but then a longer afternoon nap...sometimes she still dozes off in the evenings too...she's all over the place with naps right now! But, I figure as long as she's sleeping well at night...and she is...usually 10-11 hours straight...then we're doing ok. She does get fussier when she gets tired and will fight falling asleep for naps, but eventually it happens...it's just not as routine as it used to be...but I think that's ok! At least she sleeps in the car, so we can pretty much count on her sleeping while we run errands if she hasn't napped already that day! Phew! Ok, that's all for now...nothing too exciting I guess!! We're hoping to get out for a 'stroll' today...hooray for warm weather! :o)

No comments: