Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Rough Night...and Day!

Whew! I'm glad today is about over with I think! Last night was a little rough (compared to normal)...Kaitlyn woke up a bunch crying for some reason...normally she's sound asleep from around 9pm to 7:30-8am, but last night she woke up crying around midnight, 2am, 3am and 6:15am! Geesh, it's been a long time since I've had to get up in the middle of the night and I've gotten spoiled by sleeping all night long...it's hard to go back to getting woken up! She wasn't up for long...I never had to pick her up...just soothed her a bit and turned her lullibies back on...at 6:15 this morning I finally gave in and just brought her to bed with us...it was almost time to get up for work anyways! It was just weird...she woke up fussing and crying...not like her at all...one of the times she woke up she was laying in some spit up or something...it almost seemed like she got sick though, rather than spit up...at any rate, she'd go back to sleep right away but then wake up again! So, that was not a great start to the day!

Kaitlyn had her 6 month check up today (I only had to work 1/2 a day...wahoo!) and it went great. Her pediatrician thinks she's doing really well...she's sitting decently and stands/steps well too. I can't wait for her to begin crawling...although, I bet it's easier on us now that she's not mobile...I'm sure we'll be chasing after her in no time! Any who...she's up to 16 pounds 5.5 ounces and she's 26 inches long...getting tall! The best news is that her acid reflux is improving...we had been letting her outgrow her dose of medicine, but today we decided to really start weaning her off of it...so we're down to 1 dose per day instead of 2...yay! That'll be nice to get her off that stuff! She had her last round of shots for the year (I think) and I'm VERY GLAD those are over with! Although, I must say I'm proud of myself...today I didn't cry at all when Kaitlyn got her shots! The first 2 visits I was balling as bad as Kaitlyn, but today I made it through ok! Kaitlyn, on the other hand...was a 'little' upset! Poor kiddo...SCREAMMMMMMED so loud! Ugh, I hate that! She was not happy at all...but I picked her up when the nurse was done and she settled down pretty much right away, so that's good. Now we don't go back 'til her 9 month check up...she'll be all grown up then! :o)

After Kaitlyn's appointment, it was off to the mall to meet up with Lara. Kaitlyn was pretty good, considering she got poked today...a little fussy, but not too bad. She was getting hungry so it was off to the family bathroom at the mall (I love that place!) where we had a little fiasco on our hands. I unpacked the bottle I brought from home to find that it leaked all over the bottle cooler, which was in the diaper bag, so EVERYTHING in the diaper bag was soaked with milk! UGH...stinky! Fortunately, I kept an emergency ready-mix bottle in the diaper bag too...this was our emergency! I was nervous to give that bottle to her though b/c it was regular Similac and Kaitlyn has been on Gentlease for a while now b/c of her reflux. So, not only did we go without the medicine at dinner time, we also used regular formula instead of the easier to digest stuff! Yikes, I was scared for the car ride home, but she ended up doing fine. Phew! I think we finally kicked the reflux problem!! Oh, and to top it off, the ready-mix bottle was leaking as she was drinking it! Geesh! Give me a break!

After Kaitlyn's feeding I was just ready to get home, but the Olan Mills lady called and said her pictures were ready to pick up...so, add that stop to the list! The pics look adorable!! It's so fun to have pictures of her smiling! And of course I had to check out the baby clothes before leaving (Olan Mills is in Kmart) and I picked up a couple cute outfits for next summer for el cheapo! Then it was off to the grocery store and FINALLY home! I gave Kaitlyn a bath and another bottle...I thought she felt warm, so I took her temperature...eeep, it's like 100 degrees! But, supposedly that is normal after getting shots, so I'm keeping my eye on it. The "book" from the pediatrician says to call if it's a little higher than that, so we'll check again in the morning and see what it says! I think she's fine, but it's still a little nerve-racking!

Ok, this is long enough! I am going to sleep now...hopefully, a NICE LONG night of UN-INTERRUPTED sleep! :o)

No comments: