Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy 1st Mother's Day To Me!!
What a nice weekend!! So, Friday was girls night and Wayne watched Kaitlyn so I could go be 'baby-free' for the night...so nice! We just went to dinner and then I came home to put Kaitlyn to bed. Some of the girls came over and we all played Rock Band, which was really fun! Saturday was the usual house work...nothing too exciting. We had poker that night, but just a small group, not a huge party like normal. Now, for Mother's Day!! Sunday morning Wayne headed out to do his last minute shopping and he took Kaitlyn with him so I had the house to myself!! Let me tell you, that was the best present ever!! I really think that was the first time I had been home alone since we had the baby! It was so quiet! I just layed on our bed in the silence...well, except for the cat purring, but that was nice! Then I took a nice LONG shower and it felt weird not to rush out to check on Kaitlyn! After that I played Rock Band by myself for a few minutes until Wayne got back with Kaitlyn. Aw, they did good!! Wayne got me a card, flowers and a shirt. Kaitlyn got me a flowering plant and a cute card...Wayne even helped her sign her name on it and she scribbled a picture on it too! SO ADORABLE, I wanted to cry!! :o) Then, later that day we went out to dinner with Wayne's mom and stepdad. It was a great 1st Mother's Day! Well, I think that's about it for now...no major drama this weekend I guess! I just want to get through this week and next week and get to our long weekend trip!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment